Tender in Boston?

MrFSS

I received an itinerary for our Sept cruise in New England and Canada, leaving from NYC. It says we tender in Boston. I thought they had a nice cruise ship terminal there. Do ships just visiting tender or use the terminal?

Thanks

there are multiple cruise docks in Boston. I always have docked....I think its a misprint. Bar Harbor and Newport are tender ports but Boston rarely, if ever is.
HAL - Veendam

As you can see in the picture below, there are four ships docked at the cruise terminal in Boston. So, we know at least four can dock at a time. According to Massport's website, the Veendam is the only cruise ship in port on 9/11/07 (the day your ship gets into Boston) so I am thinking it is a misprint on your itinerary.

c_cruis_ships.jpg

As you can see in the picture below, there are four ships docked at the cruise terminal in Boston. So, we know at least four can dock at a time. According to Massport's website, the Veendam is the only cruise ship in port on 9/11/07 (the day your ship gets into Boston) so I am thinking it is a misprint on your itinerary.

That's what I thought, too. As we get closer to the sailing I'll check with HAL and see what they have to say. Thanks for the reply.

c_cruis_ships.jpg

Wow, I'm from Boston and didn't know that we could handle four cruise ships at once!

Archived