Fantasey -Obstructed balconey view

crofto

Can anyone advise on the "obstructed" view due to the life boat on some balconies. We are booking two cabins on the verandah deck V 23& 25 and both show a lifeboat outside. Carnival gives me different info each time I ask and these are the only cabins left without upgrading to a more expensive penthouse siute. Thanks in advance

That stinks... I guess an obstructed view is better than no view @ all! Chalk this up to experience... On your next cruise, you'll know what to watch out for... Nothing better than a clear veiw from a balcony... We are leaving on the Valor (with a unobstructed balcony view) 7/1... A couple of years ago we had a balcony on the Triumph.. AWESOME!!! Maybe someone will cancel & you can get moved!!! Doesn't hurt to ask... Who knows you might get kicked up to a suite! Good Luck!

P.S. A bad day on a cruise ship is better than a great day at work!!!! :D

That stinks... I guess an obstructed view is better than no view @ all! Chalk this up to experience... On your next cruise, you'll know what to watch out for... Nothing better than a clear veiw from a balcony... We are leaving on the Valor (with a unobstructed balcony view) 7/1... A couple of years ago we had a balcony on the Triumph.. AWESOME!!! Maybe someone will cancel & you can get moved!!! Doesn't hurt to ask... Who knows you might get kicked up to a suite! Good Luck!

P.S. A bad day on a cruise ship is better than a great day at work!!!! :D

The only balconies on that ship are suites

Thanks for the responses , I know it is a suite but cant figure out where exactly the lifeboat is above, below or right out the balcony. Carnival just does not seem to be able to give me an answer when I talk with them and I cant find a picture of the actual ship which would show the side to judge.

Thanks for the responses , I know it is a suite but cant figure out where exactly the lifeboat is above, below or right out the balcony. Carnival just does not seem to be able to give me an answer when I talk with them and I cant find a picture of the actual ship which would show the side to judge.

If the ships diagram shows a lifeboat directly outside of your cain/suite on your deck level, your view will be obstructed by it. It really is that simple from what I have seen from the diagrams on from being on these ships.

The only balconies on that ship are suites

While they call the cat. 11 a suite, it looks awful similiar to the standard. balcony rooms on the new ships. The sofa running along the wall, etc.

My PVP wouldn't let us book one on the Fantasy for our spring break cruise on the Fantasy.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the cat. 11's on Fantasy class ships and the std. balcony rooms on the Miracle type or Conquest class ships?

Hugh

crofto, do a search on "fantasy class category 11 cabins", you should find a thread by Curt Jerome Wild. It is very informative and some folks have posted pics too I believe. Sorry, don't know how to give you the link.:(

I have only cruised on the Pride and we are going again this summer and we have a balcony with an obstructed view. We had the same room the first time and loved it and so we booked it again this time. Now, I can only speak about what it looks like on the Pride so, the balcony is the same size as the unobstructed balcony but a little below the balcony is the lifeboat. When you are starting out at the water nothing is obstructed it is only obstructed when you look directly down. I actually like having the boat there as I tend to be afraid of heights and so when I see below there is a boat there it doesn't bother me. The people below the boat or at lifeboat level probably have a fairly obstructed view, but the balcony that is a little higher or level with the boat I think the view is great. Hope this helps.:)

crofto, do a search on "fantasy class category 11 cabins", you should find a thread by Curt Jerome Wild. It is very informative and some folks have posted pics too I believe. Sorry, don't know how to give you the link.:(

Thanks that was perfect just want I needed

We sailed the Fascination in late March. We had cabin V23. I was so worried about the obstruction but it was not that bad. Even my husband said it was fine. The other two cabins next to us, that was really bad. Larger life boat and more metal rigging, etc. If you have V23, you'll be fine in my opinion. The location more than made up for a little obstruction (smaller life boat) on the right corner as you are looking outside.

from what i could see if it is obstructed by a boat you can not see anything but the boat. As a matter of fact , if you are too close to the obstructed view,you can only look out and not to the back of your balcony

Here's 2 pictureshttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43285&stc=1&d=1177952741http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43286&stc=1&d=1177952788

not sure if I did this right. if not you can email me at alhotard1@cox.net and I'll email them to you

DSC01597.jpg.c8f13aac474ff76e62df92eb636ecba2.jpg

DSC01598.jpg.2a9f147e2635fde1207985be003c341b.jpg

Do they charge the same price for an obstructed view balcony as they do for a unobstructed view balcony. I never get a balcony because of cost but I'd take an obstructed view if it's cheaper.:)

Nope, they're all the same price.

Do they charge the same price for an obstructed view balcony as they do for a unobstructed view balcony. I never get a balcony because of cost but I'd take an obstructed view if it's cheaper.:)

On the Fantasy class, the only balconies are Cat 11 or 12 suites, Cat 11 being the cheaper and smaller of the 2. And they are the same price obstructed or not.

You may have already found it, but if not here's the link to all things Fantasy Class Category 11:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

And yes, these are about the equivalent of a standard balcony cabin on the bigger ships, but much bigger than the standard cabins on Fantasy Class ships.

Even though the Category 12s are bigger (if I want the extra space), the Category 11s on the Verandah deck are my favorite cabin location on these ships. Quiet (meaning very few people and little traffic compared to everywhere else on the ship) and convenient to everything.

Just look at the pictures, manage your expectations, and enjoy!:D

CJW

You may have already found it, but if not here's the link to all things Fantasy Class Category 11:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

And yes, these are about the equivalent of a standard balcony cabin on the bigger ships, but much bigger than the standard cabins on Fantasy Class ships.

Even though the Category 12s are bigger (if I want the extra space), the Category 11s on the Verandah deck are my favorite cabin location on these ships. Quiet (meaning very few people and little traffic compared to everywhere else on the ship) and convenient to everything.

Just look at the pictures, manage your expectations, and enjoy!:D

CJW

AHA, there he is! The man, the myth, the legend of Fantasy class.:D How's it goin CJW?

AHA, there he is! The man, the myth, the legend of Fantasy class.:D How's it goin CJW?

Hee!

Been working too much, lots of out of town and running around, so not much time for the boards until now.:rolleyes:

Man, I need to book a Category 11 on a Fantasy Class for a 3 or 4 day break stat!:D

CJW;)

Archived