Carnivals Taormina and Mt. Etna tour

My husband and I took this tour in September 05 and loved it. This was our favorite little town and we just walked around and shopped and looked. The Greek theater was awesome and we had plenty of time there. I am glad we saw Mt Etna. There was time to walk around there and take pictures. Be sure and take a light jacket. The lunch was good with good conversation with fellow travelers. I am still craving the olives they put on the table. We always take Carnival tours and this was one of the best.

The amount of people doing the tour was too many. Very difficult to hear the tour guide when your walking through the streets with a herd of people and you should be aware that Taomina is very, very crowded.

If you have the option of doing a private tour here, you should do it. We booked at the last minute and what a mistake.

Sorry, I couldn't be more positive since its one of many stops not to miss. Just don't do it with a large cruiseline tour.

JMHO.

PTC

Archived