Beer Question

txffgirl

OK so somewhere I saw about this Bahamian beer that only sold in the Bahamas and that if you are a beer drinking this is fantastic beer. Also saw same place that they have tours of the beer factory here and free samples( almost my 2 favorite words). Does anyone know or have trhey heard anything like this? I know the rume factory is closed on Saturdays ( the day I am going to be there) and I could definately do beer insted!

Also was wondering since it is the only place that seels this beer would they have any different rules about buying and bringing back to the states? If it is that good I would love to get some for home so I can relive my summer vacation that really is in Spring!

Thanks for your help!

Amy

The only Bahamian beer that I'm aware of is called Kalik. They sell it here in Florida too at Publix grocery stores so you could buy it here and not have to worry about bringing it in through Customs.

Perhaps Scubagurl can let you know if there are other Bahamian brands and where the factory is located.

BobK/Orlando

OK so somewhere I saw about this Bahamian beer that only sold in the Bahamas and that if you are a beer drinking this is fantastic beer. Also saw same place that they have tours of the beer factory here and free samples( almost my 2 favorite words). Does anyone know or have trhey heard anything like this? I know the rume factory is closed on Saturdays ( the day I am going to be there) and I could definately do beer insted!

Also was wondering since it is the only place that seels this beer would they have any different rules about buying and bringing back to the states? If it is that good I would love to get some for home so I can relive my summer vacation that really is in Spring!

Thanks for your help!}

Amy

Kalik is the only local beer in Nassau (I think Freeport has another local.. but I don't remember the name).

No tour that I know of..

You can get Kalik in some big beer distributors in the states.. but if you want to bring it back in bulk, you'd pay import and customs tax on it. (as well as the overweight luggage charges) Pretty pricey for a little spring buzz.

Yes Kalik is a really good beer, i'm not all that much of a lager beer fan but Kalik is refreshing and not too gassy... if you're really daring try Kalik Gold, it's so strong even the locals don't drink it... i'm English, i'll drink anything :D

It's all about the house music and it always will be!

Well, throw in some Trance and Dance with the House and you've got a great set!

Just got off a Carnival ship where the DJ played 5 straight nights of hip hop and nothing but hip hop. Best cruise DJ ever was DJ Luca from Italy on Costa Mediterranea last year. DW and I asked him if he could play some techno. When his response was, "With or without vocals?", I knew we'd found a good one. He then went on to play an hour of Dance hits that completely packed the dance floor. I think techno is making a come back as people get tired of the same old hip hop beats and gangsta/anti-female hip hop lyrics.

BobK/Orlando

Yes Kalik is a really good beer, i'm not all that much of a lager beer fan but Kalik is refreshing and not too gassy...

Good beer, though logic would suggest that in the Bahamas Kalik should be less expensive than US imports (Bud, Miller, etc), that was seldom the case. Most bars and stores sold Kalik at the same price, and most of the tourists I saw were drinking Bud Lite instead (ugh).

Best prices we found (4/27) was at a little liquor store across from the British Colonial Hilton, next door to Imperial . $1.50 a can for Kalik, slightly less for a six pack. They also had the best deal on soda, at $1.25 each for either a 12oz can of Coke or a 16oz plastic bottle of Pepsi.

Well, throw in some Trance and Dance with the House and you've got a great set!

Just got off a Carnival ship where the DJ played 5 straight nights of hip hop and nothing but hip hop. Best cruise DJ ever was DJ Luca from Italy on Costa Mediterranea last year. DW and I asked him if he could play some techno. When his response was, "With or without vocals?", I knew we'd found a good one. He then went on to play an hour of Dance hits that completely packed the dance floor. I think techno is making a come back

I do hope so, although i'd be surprised if some good dance music packed the floor in the disco on a carnival ship. House/Trance/Techno is not played by "playlisted" mainstream radio so unfortunately it doesn't get a look in.

I really like a lot of the electro house that's bordering on techno (I mean real techno), that's what is massive around the UK & Europe right now... whether it will catch on in the U.S. is a different story... people would rather shake their laffy taffy????

House/Trance/Techno is not played by "playlisted" mainstream radio so unfortunately it doesn't get a look in.

Very true here too. Fortunately we now have satellite radio...we have XM....and it has a trio of House, Dance and Trance stations.

I really like a lot of the electro house that's bordering on techno (I mean real techno), that's what is massive around the UK & Europe right now... whether it will catch on in the U.S. is a different story... people would rather shake their laffy taffy????

Tru dat.....will have to listen for it when I'm in LON, AMS and BER this coming November.

BobK/Orlando

Archived