Wyndam Cable Beach Information

2bboatgal

Hi, I understand from reading this thread that you can catch the #10 jitney to the Wyndam. Can anyone tell me exactly where the stop is. I am somewhat directionnally challenged. So, any landmarks you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

McDonalds across from the British Colonial Hilton. Not the closest spot, but the closest "landmark". ;)

You can see the British Colonial Hilton waterfront from the ship when docked. Don't take the #10a

Thanks snorkle2much for the "landmark" now I can find it as I remember the McDonald's from a previous visit. We were only walking around town that day so I wasn't paying attention to the bus stops. Thanks again.

Your ship arrives at Prince George Dock - the jitney stand is on George Street (in yellow - across from the Straw Market) or the mcdonalds stop on Marlborough across from the British Colonial Hilton.

towne_map.jpg

This FYI message may pop up somewhere else or is in cyberspace so am posting again.

We just returned from Nassau on the 8th and the Wyndham pool was closed after Labor Day for major refurbishment. With all the sandblasting and drilling it may be closed for quite awhile. Guests of the Wyndham are using the Nassau Beach Hotel property and the Sheraton. Pool at the Sheraton larger than the Nassau Beach pool, though the beach at the NB hotel is better -- your choice. Just don't want you all to be disappointed when you arrive at the Wyndham. Day passes are issued at the Front Desk.

Bus (Jitney) #10 from town is quick and inexpensive @$1 pp and runs every few minutes. Driver will drop you wherever you like.

Have fun . . .

This FYI message may pop up somewhere else or is in cyberspace so am posting again.

We just returned from Nassau on the 8th and the Wyndham pool was closed after Labor Day for major refurbishment. With all the sandblasting and drilling it may be closed for quite awhile. Guests of the Wyndham are using the Nassau Beach Hotel property and the Sheraton. Pool at the Sheraton larger than the Nassau Beach pool, though the beach at the NB hotel is better -- your choice. Just don't want you all to be disappointed when you arrive at the Wyndham. Day passes are issued at the Front Desk.

Bus (Jitney) #10 from town is quick and inexpensive @$1 pp and runs every few minutes. Driver will drop you wherever you like.

Have fun . . .

We were planning on going there on the 19th of Sept. Was it worth going there or would you reccomend finding something else?

I emailed the Wyndham and here is the response I received. OK back to the original plans the Wyndham it is. We sail Oct 25th, horray!!

The pool is expected to be completed by the end of September/first week in October. Day passes are for $15 per person and are available at the Front Desk.

:D

After reading the recent posts......I called Wyndham yesterday and the pool is closed for renovation and is not expected to reopen until November...So I also read that Sheraton is also $15/day ..Can anyone confirm that??? .....So I think that's where boyfriend & I will be going......1st time cruiser on Celebration in 5 Days...

I called Wyndham directly at the phone # on their website.....It wasn't an 800#...I talked to a person that told me the pool wasn't to be done until Nov....I also called Sheraton today about the day passes.....and the person at the front desk said we didn't need day passes to use their pool...(Which I find hard to believe)...So I am trying to find someone that has used Sheraton for the day to make sure it's OK...and the costs??

Hmm not sure about the Sheraton but I am sure Scubagirl will provide us with the right info. Here is a copy of the response that I received from the Wyndham.

I emailed the Wyndham and here is the response I received. OK back to the original plans the Wyndham it is. We sail Oct 25th, horray!!

The pool is expected to be completed by the end of September/first week in October. Day passes are for $15 per person and are available at the Front Desk.

• 2 weeks later...
After reading the recent posts......I called Wyndham yesterday and the pool is closed for renovation and is not expected to reopen until November...So I also read that Sheraton is also $15/day ..Can anyone confirm that??? .....So I think that's where boyfriend & I will be going......1st time cruiser on Celebration in 5 Days...

Just called the Sheraton and was told they do not have day passes. You are however free to use their beach, just not the lounge chairs or pools. Has anyone been that can confirm this. How strictly do they enforce this?

Hmm not sure about the Sheraton but I am sure Scubagirl will provide us with the right info. Here is a copy of the response that I received from the Wyndham.

Hey thanks for this information we are going to be there end of November! So I am glad the pool will be open!

Thanks

Also, they only take cash for day passes. I think they use the money for some type of petty cash since they do not run it through the registers, and insisted I could not use a credit card.

The Sheraton pool, bar, and beach area was nice. I would get a day pass directly from them. The towl lady at the sheraton would not give me a towel at first since I had a Wyndham pass, but after a few minutes of talking I was able to convince her that I did not need to walk back to the Wyndham to get a towel.

I'm sure this has been answered and I missed it, but can anyone tell me how long it takes to get to the Wyndham on the #10 jitney, then back to the ship? We'll only be in Nassau a very short time in December (6 hours). Thanks!

Archived