Manzanillo - is this a good deal?

Dukeswalker

I have been emailing a guy in Manzanillo about a tour for my family of 7. This is his response..."FULL AIR CONDITIONED EXPRESS VAN FOR ALL OF YOU THE WHOLE DAY PRICE FOR THE VAN,,, 300 USD WICH INCLUDES, MANZANILLO CITY TOUR, SHOPPING AREA, FLEA MARKETS, TRIP TO CUYUTLAN, TURTLE SANCTUARYU ADMISSION, AND BEACHES IN TOWN.

NOT INCLUDED.... BEER XX LAGER... 2 USD EACH ONE, SOFT DRINKS AND BATTLED WATER ONLY ONE USD EACH,

DAY PASS LAS HADAS, 30 USD P/P INCLUDING ALL THE HOTEL FACILITIES, BEACH AND SWIMMING POOL, BUFFET LUNCH AND ONE DRINK.

WE CAN ALSO GO TO MIRAMAR BEACH AND HAVE LUNCH ON YOUR OWN FOR LESS THAN 20 USD PER PERS.YES YOU PAY UNTILL WE FINISH AND I WONT FORGET YOU NEVER..........SEE YOU SOON"

Does this sound like a good deal? Can anyone tell me if this sounds like a fun thing for Grandparents and toddlers? TIA!

Playa Miramar is my Favorite! The first two pictures are shots of the umbrellas, the second is a shot of the La Boquita palapas. Miramar is perfect if you have small kids, the water is as warm and gentle as a bathtub. Older kids might not find it real exciting, but if you walk down the beach (which goes for 4 miles) you will find a little more surf. Playa Miramar has la Boquita which is a series of open air palapa restaurants. Last time we were there we had a huge platter of freshly grilled clams made with onion, garlic and cilantro, 3 beers, 3 and 3 cokes. I think the total was about $20usd. The third picture is me enjoying clams, which I never knew I liked! On the weekends and holidays, the beach is full of families. There is horseback riding, ice cream vendors, music- it's a big party. I've never been there during the week so I don't know how much activity there is. Manzanillo is pretty low key- certainly not crowded like the beaches in Puerto Vallarta.

Are you looking at using Paco? He is excellent and will make sure you have a good time. Playa Miramar is quite a long way from the port, you will get a nice city tour along the way.

Have fun!

1329687958_miramar2.jpg.33c2a1f62ef3cfbbbf39d7e182f4ca67.jpg

871003995_miramar3.jpg.185bf7d49c3a14b01aff5fa4da9e6572.jpg

1830216056_miramr4.jpg.cacea1cf0246dca149392178d3f2536d.jpg

Karfest - Thanks for sharing! Yes, we were looking at using Paco - with as many people as we have we thought it would be insane trying to all catch taxis to each place we wanted to go. Have you been with him before? Does he have a van large enough to hold 7 of us (one in a carset -please tell me he has seat belts! :D ) I think we'll skip Las Hadas...We're not big resort type people - we just like a low key - hang out - enjoy yourself kind of place. Sounds like Playa Miramar will fit the bill perfectly!

I've never used Paco, but have have heard good things about him. Most of the guys do these tours use a new Ford Explorer or something along those lines. Every vehicle we've been in has been very clean and yes, they have working seatbelts! I can't guarantee this is what you'll get, but generally speaking, this has been our experience. We laugh because we're all buckled in and then a family of 4 goes zipping by on a motorcycle!!

Playa Miramar is very low key, we love to just stretch out on the sand and enjoy the sights. There is no pool or shopping. Just the ocean, the beach and hot sun! Oh- and great food:) There is also a shipwreck just off shore, I'm sure someone will rent you snorkeling gear so you can visit it.

The attached picture is from the section of beach in behind of our house. la boquita is in the distant background,about 1/2 mile walk. This was taken on a busy Sunday afternoon.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

896566528_miramar5.jpg.c1deaaab2b95bebb536779ed9b3dbd92.jpg

If you eat at LaBoquita at Playa Miramar, I would suggest Marindo's. <--- I am having an awful memory problem right now so I'm really not sure that I have that name right! In any case, it stars with an M and it is the second restaraunt from the end. Too many cervesas and coco locos will do that to a person!

If you want to eat near the ship, I would recommend the Colonial Hotel. It is a beautiful old hotel, the courtyard restaurant is charming. I've attached a picture. The downtown area is really pretty neat to just walk around if you have time. Very much a Mexican city, I love that it is not Americanized for the tourists. You won't find McDonalds or Starbucks here. I think that's a good thing!

Have Fun:)

2146936708_colonial2.jpg.f5d147d7b3dddcfe01045351b821f6f3.jpg

I have been emailing a guy in Manzanillo about a tour for my family of 7. This is his response..."FULL AIR CONDITIONED EXPRESS VAN FOR ALL OF YOU THE WHOLE DAY PRICE FOR THE VAN,,, 300 USD WICH INCLUDES, MANZANILLO CITY TOUR, SHOPPING AREA, FLEA MARKETS, TRIP TO CUYUTLAN, TURTLE SANCTUARYU ADMISSION, AND BEACHES IN TOWN.

NOT INCLUDED.... BEER XX LAGER... 2 USD EACH ONE, SOFT DRINKS AND BATTLED WATER ONLY ONE USD EACH,

DAY PASS LAS HADAS, 30 USD P/P INCLUDING ALL THE HOTEL FACILITIES, BEACH AND SWIMMING POOL, BUFFET LUNCH AND ONE DRINK.

WE CAN ALSO GO TO MIRAMAR BEACH AND HAVE LUNCH ON YOUR OWN FOR LESS THAN 20 USD PER PERS.YES YOU PAY UNTILL WE FINISH AND I WONT FORGET YOU NEVER..........SEE YOU SOON"

Does this sound like a good deal? Can anyone tell me if this sounds like a fun thing for Grandparents and toddlers? TIA!

It sounds like you are booked with Paco at Chimaltours. We are doing something similar with him in Oct, We are going around town, to the Turtle sanctuary, to Comala and the other town (forgot the name) that starts with a C. There are volcanos there. I'm really looking forward to it. We are paying the same price. I think it's very fair. I was booked originally with another person. The tour wasn't so inclusive but was just as expensive.

I am looking forward to hearing from others who may have been with Paco. I have always been lucky with tours in Mexico so I'm not worried.

Archived