hiring a driver for the day

tyson

Excellent information, everyone. Thank you!

I have emailed Gerry at Cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com as I saw posted somewhere in this thread. I am waiting for a response.

Question: How do we actually book Gerry in advance? Is he a registered business that required a deposit with Credit card, or is this an informal reservation and we pay when we get there?

Question: How do we actually book Gerry in advance? Is he a registered business that required a deposit with Credit card, or is this an informal reservation and we pay when we get there?

You reserve your date, and pay when the day is over. You wont be sorry, its the best way to really see Cozumel.

Darlene

Was with Lazaro on 4/22....WONDERFUL...

He speaks great english. I had planned out what I wanted to see, and he mapped it out well for us, even adding a couple of others to the list....

We toured the city some before heading to the east side....

Went to ElMirador, Coconuts, Punta Sur, and several other places, stopping for pictures and drinks along the way....Staying as long as we wanted in each place....

I WILL book with him or Gerry again....

He loves to talk about the island and is so informative.....We had a great time with Lazaro.....

I am so glad that you shared info about Lazaro. We figured that he would have to be awesome since he's affiliated with Gerry, but it's great to hear from others. We were really bummed when we found that Gerry was already booked, but now we're looking forward to spending our day with Lazaro next August.

Just wanted to pop in to say hi and read where almost everyone has had as wonderful an experience as I had!!!

I think the bad post came from someone who did not get into a van with the real Gerry. I know that in other places there are imposters so my opinion is that this is what happened!!

Gerry is the bomb!!

Hi Ken and Darlene!!

Just wanted to pop in to say hi and read where almost everyone has had as wonderful an experience as I had!!!

I think the bad post came from someone who did not get into a van with the real Gerry. I know that in other places there are imposters so my opinion is that this is what happened!!

Gerry is the bomb!!

Hi Ken and Darlene!!

Hey Mamma!!!

I sent the email to Mike askign to book Gerry. His response was quick, and provided me all of the information I needed. He even included links to stuff to see on the island.

Mike sent a confirmation email and also indicated where to meet Gerry, and that he would be holding a sign waiting for us.

So far, the booking has been painless, and very easy. We're looking forward to our day with Gerry. Thanks to everyone here for this thread, I would have never found out about Gerry without your suggestions and glowing reviews.

Just wanted to share our great experience with Gerry. We used him on May 6. We had 7 people and he used a Suburban for us. It was a tight fit but we had a great time. Gerry is a careful driver and a delightful person. I will be sure to use him again in the future!!

• 4 weeks later...

We used Gerry on May 26. There are four of us (three adults plus one 1.5 year old). Very careful driver. He even went the extra mile and got us a big SUV (instead of using the station wagon). Make sure you see the east coast of Cozumel.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that we are booked with Gerry on July 7th! We are so excited. It is my friend and I and our two daughters. Even though I have been to Coz..many many times...I have never seen the East side of the island before so we are looking forward to it. Mike responded right away and has been really helpful! I will post when we return...

Looking forward to it. Thanks again for those that recommended him on thie board!

Keep the reviews and comments coming. Mike told me a few weeks ago that Gerry had a great winter season but bookings have gone way down over the summer. Thats good for anyone who would like the chance in the coming months to spend a great day out and about in Cozumel.

D.

How do you get ahold of him? I got a wizard thing on my computer.

I am guessing that you have this board open and are clicking on the email addy to send the email but you do not have Outlook for default Email and thus your computer wants you to install it. Instead of clicking on the email addy, open your own email, compose a new email, and manually type (or copy and paste) the email in the "to."

I am guessing that you have this board open and are clicking on the email addy to send the email but you do not have Outlook for default Email and thus your computer wants you to install it. Instead of clicking on the email addy, open your own email, compose a new email, and manually type (or copy and paste) the email in the "to."

Yes I was clicking on the e-mail someone put on here. It was an outlook thing that said I had to install this wizard thing. I will have to try it on my own e-mail. Thanks.