QE2 since refit

wotec

There must be another QE2 in a parallel universe. I was on for the 15Dec crossing last year (before the Christmas cruise), and recently on the 25Apr tandem crossing.

Didn't see anything 'filthy' anywhere on both sailings. icon_confused.gif

16 - HAL

10 - Cunard

4 - Home Lines

2 - NCL

2 - Royal Viking Line

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

I've been on the QE2 at least seven times. I've lost count. The ship was in the worst condition I've seen over the past 15 years. Garbage was overflowing from bins, empty glasses everywhere, overflowing ashtrays, food on the floor in the lido, dirty towels all over the lockerroom floor in the spa, the list goes on and on. What made it sad, was that no one on the crew seemed very interested in taking care of the situation.

I feel it was due to a lack of good management.

The crew seemed new, inexperienced and uninterested.

That's pretty interesting.

I've never seen any of the above.

There was food in the Lido, in the serving trays, and on peoples plates.

Empty glasses where whisked away, as where the plates. No overflowing ashtrays.

No over-stuffed rubbish bins, no towels anywhere.

16 - HAL

10 - Cunard

4 - Home Lines

2 - NCL

2 - Royal Viking Line

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

I was on the same crossing as Vic (15 Dec) and found the ship clean and well maintained. However. A friend sailed on the first post-refit cruise and found the workers didn't clean up after themselves very well at all. He took pictures, but of course I can't find the link. icon_frown.gif I'll look for it and will post it shortly.

Christopher

Thanks for posting the link Brian.

The improvements on sun deck look nice.

The pictures of the dirt, spackle and rust don't surprise me. I hope they clean that stuff up. You would think there's a manager some where on the ship in charge of the public areas who's responsible for that.

Has anyone found out if you can stil reserve deck chairs on sun deck?

On the subject of reserving sunbeds on sun deck, i emailed Cunard last week and was told that this is no longer possible icon_frown.gif

I'm hoping, though, that this might change if enough of us complain directly to Cunard about it!!

/Donna

2005 QE2 (just booked)

2004 QM2

2003 QE2

2002 QE2

2001 QE2

2000 QE2

1999 QE2

The posted photos are very good, well done who ever took them. When we were on the last leg of the world cruise we noticed the staining between the glazing panes in the Lido and said, as many others did that that would be the first job to be sorted in the refit. Can't believe that this was not done. If this sort of job is neglected it does pose the question as to how long they are thinking she will remain in service.

David.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mufi:

When we were on the last leg of the world cruise we noticed the staining between the glazing panes in the Lido...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Omigod...I had thought those windows were just dirty. That's dismal.

Crouton

• 2 months later...

I returned from a cruise aboard QE2 on August 14th and can report that all public areas were in good condition - infact better than it has been for some years. The hull paintwork was perfect. Sadly the Lido windows do need attention - damp between the double glazing?

Very interesting reading all of the above.

It looks (if I understand the above) that there has been a refit of the QE2 in around 2000? I had watched a video last night about the history and that was an old one and so only covered up to a refit in I think it was around 1997? Does anyoen have a link or a suggestion on where I can read or find out more about changes and updates done since then? Thanks in advance for any help. Gary

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for posting the link Brian.

The improvements on sun deck look nice.

The pictures of the dirt, spackle and rust don't surprise me. I hope they clean that stuff up. You would think there's a manager some where on the ship in charge of the public areas who's responsible for that.

Has anyone found out if you can stil reserve deck chairs on sun deck?

Looked at all the pix, mostly exterior long shots, where was the sign of untidiness ?

Archived