Getting confused about formals on a 5 nighter.

majosa

Okay i am going on the Fantasy in September we will be going on a monday thru saturday cruise. I know that there is only one formal, the captains party on Tuesday evening. I also read on here that on Monday the dinner atire is a little lax cause of luggage not getting to rooms on time. ( by lax i dont mean swimming atire or shorts) So anyway on Wednesday thru friday nights do the men wear tuxs and/suits and ties? And the woman do they dress up as well. Or can they wear a nice pant suit? Thank you!!:o

Formal night is the super fancy night the other nights some people dress just as fancy the majority of people dont dress as fancy but do dress up and then there are the individuals that dont care what the dress code is and wear jeans and/or shorts. To answer your other question Yes a nice pant suit is acceptable. hope this helps.

Okay i am going on the Fantasy in September we will be going on a monday thru saturday cruise. I know that there is only one formal, the captains party on Tuesday evening. I also read on here that on Monday the dinner atire is a little lax cause of luggage not getting to rooms on time. ( by lax i dont mean swimming atire or shorts) So anyway on Wednesday thru friday nights do the men wear tuxs and/suits and ties? And the woman do they dress up as well. Or can they wear a nice pant suit? Thank you!!:o

Hi! I will be leaving Sunday for my 5th cruise......This time I am only taking 2 formals & the rest casual meaning capris & skirts that i can wear with flip flops. DH is taking 3 dress slacks to wear with shirt & ties & the rest pull over with khakis. (7 day cruise)

Also, I didn't know this on my first cruise.....missed out! You can wear shorts -- anything but swimsuit in the dining room for breakfast & lunch.

Bill - Well, IMO, the casual rubber pool type flipflops are not appropriate for a formal dining room setting on any night. I'm sure the fancy kind would be just fine - more like a nice sandal.

Majosa - All evenings other than formal night, you will be just fine in a pantsuit, or sundress, nice capris, etc. Your DH can wear casual pants like khakis and collared shirt like Polo. Just no shorts and tees. Enjoy!

I'm a newish cruiser, and I know there might well be disagreement, but on the short Carnival cruises, even on formal night, I don't think a nice pantsuit would be out of place.

I don't wear dresses, but any of my 'professional' outfits (not talking suits here, but nice pants and blouse, or a girly top with a duster) are plenty dressy for any night. The dresses I've seen people wear (which I assume must be their idea of church attire) have got nothing on a nice pantsuit. Oh - and definately don't make your hubby wear a tux on informal nights. There will be many men in khaki pants and a collared shirt (lol, edited because I apparently can only spell in curse words) - and many more in attire even I would call inappropriate.

That said, if you (and the hubby) like to dress up - go for it! The low end of acceptable on these short cruises is amazingly low, but there are plenty who dress to the nines (if I've got the saying right =P)

Last cruise we had limited luggage space and I didn't want to drag a bunch of stuff around anyway, so I took one pair of black dress pants, some dressy sandals, and a different top for each night.

As soon as dinner was over, I changed.

YIKES! My son is bringing his girlfriend age 16. She's never been on a cruise before. I just got done telling her no flip flops in the dining room. :eek:

Bill

Good for you. Just because some people do it doesn't make it right. Nice if you son's girlfriend learned correctly 1st time out.

Archived