Ventura - JG category balcony cabin HELP??

hollyanna

:confused: Could anyone tell me if these will be overlooked? I see they are larger in total than other standard balconies but also the least expensive of the 6 categories.....

Is this ship the same design as Grand/ Golden Princess etc where this is apparently a slight problem? I am deciding on a cabin and the downfalls so any help would be most appreciated as I would like to book soon. Thanks you. Hollyanna

Hi,

I am already booked for the Ventura, in a JG cabin.

Now then from what I have been told by fellow CC'ers this ship will be the same layout as Crown & Emerald Princess, which I think are the same as the 2 you mentioned also.

From what I have read on the Princess boards the C deck is the place to be (caribbean deck on Princess), as these balconies are bigger than others. They are half covered & half open balconies, so you get the best of both worlds, privacy & sun. If you come out of the uncovered bit you would be visible from cabins above, but again from reading Princess boards, they rave about the balconies on C deck.

Also not sure if you are aware that there are a few JG's on the very back of the ship. These again are in great demand, indeed these on Princess are a higher catergory I believe?

I am very happy to say I have got cabin C753 corner aft and according to Princess boards again this & C752 (opposite corner) are just about the most coveted regular balcony cabins on the ship.

Hope this helps,

Lisa:)

Hi Lisa and Hollyanna

Lisa,

I have finally given in to temptation and booked the Ventura. Its a 7 night Iberian adventure on 2nd May a year from now! We are also booked on the Millenium to Hawaii for October 6th 2008 so I already have next years cruises sorted out now!

Hollyanna

We are in a C deck cabin couldn't get the aft of course but i am pleased to get one with a larger balcony and it doesn't worry me that it may be overlooked as I like to get the sun and you always have the option of the shade and privacy too.

So Lisa, it looks like we shall be on the Ventura after all, not the xmas cruise but at least we can see what all the hype is about and of course I will report back on here as will many others no doubt!

Hi Lisa and Hollyanna

Lisa,

I have finally given in to temptation and booked the Ventura. Its a 7 night Iberian adventure on 2nd May a year from now! We are also booked on the Millenium to Hawaii for October 6th 2008 so I already have next years cruises sorted out now!

Hollyanna

We are in a C deck cabin couldn't get the aft of course but i am pleased to get one with a larger balcony and it doesn't worry me that it may be overlooked as I like to get the sun and you always have the option of the shade and privacy too.

So Lisa, it looks like we shall be on the Ventura after all, not the xmas cruise but at least we can see what all the hype is about and of course I will report back on here as will many others no doubt!

Hi Lisa,

So happy for you, I am really looking forward to the Ventura.

The Millenium to Hawaii sounds fab, something I would love to do. The Millenium was the best ship I have been on, so I am sure it will be great.

So no doubt be talking to you on the P&O boards for the next year, I'll look forward to it!

Lisa:)

Hi Lisa

Yes I think we will have plenty to talk about of the coming months! I will be able to tell you all about the Ventura before your December cruise!

We are really looking forward to the Hawaii cruise too ,its always been a dream destination of mine, plus we got a Concierge class cabin with a huge balcony so I am really pleased about that as well! I do like to get a bigger balcony for my money if I can!

We have just come back from a 2 night cruise on the Navigator of the seas from Southampton. We took our 13 year old niece as a treat, it was a very impressive ship, we enjoyed the ice shows and the parades in the promenade.

Anyway better go now before I go off topic frm the original thread!

Hollyanna

Which cruise are you looking at for the Ventura? Have you booked yet?

Bye for now

Lisa

HI Abbafan - I am only booked so far on the 2 nighter in September on Ventura (no balcony for that!) but was looking at a med 2 weeker but may be 2009 now as also have Explorer of the Seas 12 nighter S. Caribbean booked from New Jersey for Easter 08 and think I would be pushing it a bit for another biggy!!!

Fancy the large balcony whenever we go. It seems logical you have best of both worlds (shade and sun) but some people have really got heated about being overlooked on C deck on Princess site! Lucky you with the Hawaii cruise... LOVE to go on cruise there. I went on land based holiday to Maui 14 years ago and it was fabulous.:)

Lisa - thanks again for your advice on the balcony thing before. When I do book, I know now exactly where I stand and what I want!!!

Hollyanna

Hi,

Happy to help Hollyanna. I have not read any heated threads on C deck though, only how good they are, maybe I need to read some more lol :) . I have read that people were not very happy with the fully exposed D deck mini suites below though as they are totally in view from everyone above.

I guess if you do your homework like you have prior to booking that should rule out most things unexpected.

I have been on Explorer & it is massive, in fact at the time I am afraid to say maybe too big for me, although I think that was because we only had 7 nights. You definitely need more to fully explore & enjoy everything it has to offer. You will love it I am sure.

I must have been going through a phase as now I want to go on bigger & bigger ships:D .

Regards,

Lisa

Archived