Just booked Med for 1/19/08!!!

redhotpepper

It will be me, my hubby and 2 girls, 5 and 8 in a suite, my best friend and mom in a balcony and my brother, his wife and 2 girls, 3 and 8 in an inside (my brother loves the darkness of the insides). We decided to forego adult Christmas gifts this year and do a cruise instead.

We took advantage of the suite and balcony sale that Online Vacation Center has going on. We also were able to take advantage of the kids sail free promotion for the inside cabin.

Up to now, we've mostly cruised on NCL and been pleased but we just couldn't pass up this sale.

With the reading I've done, it seems like they have a pretty good kids program and that is important to us. My mom also really wanted to go to San Juan. Some are divers too so they'll be doing that as much as possible.

The only bad thing about booking this far out is I always end up doing way too much research!

Now, I'd better get on the ball and get passports for my kids.

Does anyone have pictures of a Panorama suite or a floorplan? All I've found online as far as the floorplans show the exact same thing for all 3 different type suites. The suite we were given was 6181.

Annie

I have been looking for a deal on a suite for a cruise on the Costa Med in late March '08 and thanks to your tip.. WE JUST BOOKED a "suite" deal!! Thank you!! Thank you!! We love that ship and this is just too great... how I am gonna make it to March is beyond me. I am already about to jump out of my skin!!

We were in Pana suite 6175 this last March and I think your suite will be the mirror of ours. Take a look at my pics in my signature line for some pictures. :)

What great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them.

I'm always glad to pass on a bargain. I do love a good one myself!

Do you know what kind of internet access there is? Just in the internet cafe? Hotspots around the ship? In the rooms? My friend wants to do some work from the ship. Silly girl!

Annie, sailing with Doug, Berit, Bergan, Peggy, Patty, Joe, Raquel, Emigh and Karsyn.

What great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing them.

I'm always glad to pass on a bargain. I do love a good one myself!

Do you know what kind of internet access there is? Just in the internet cafe? Hotspots around the ship? In the rooms? My friend wants to do some work from the ship. Silly girl!

Annie, sailing with Doug, Berit, Bergan, Peggy, Patty, Joe, Raquel, Emigh and Karsyn.

No, no... no work on the cruise. :D You need to get her a little drinkie poo with an umbrella in it as soon as you walk on the boat and chuck her laptop overboard!! :eek::D

As of a couple months ago, internet was only available in the internet cafe/library area as far as I know. Not in rooms yet but that could change should they do any work on her between seasons. I would bet the service is spotty though and expensive. I never checked it out so I am not sure of the price.

Question for you...

When booking through the company you mentioned in your first post (my 1st time using them), does this company send your cruise documents from Costa or do you get every via electronic docs? The TA I talked to said he was sending me an email but I forgot to ask if everything we needed would be in there. When we booked our last Costa cruise (via another popular online TA) we got everything electronically and that was great.

I just got an "initial confirmation" email from the TA and she said we should also get an email from Costa within 24 hours of booking. It says "Final Documents for this reservation will be sent to the above address between 14 and 21 days prior to departure." I'm not sure if that means physical address or email address since they're both above but I'm going to guess physical address.

This is our first time using this TA too. I've used Travelocity mostly in the past. I've gotten all my good travel deals in the last couple years from travelzoo.com weekly top 20. If you go to their website and sign up, they'll send you an email every week with deals from different agents. Got a good deal last year on an NCL cruise through Travelocity and the year before on a trip to London with Virgin Vacations.

Annie

I just got an "initial confirmation" email from the TA and she said we should also get an email from Costa within 24 hours of booking. It says "Final Documents for this reservation will be sent to the above address between 14 and 21 days prior to departure." I'm not sure if that means physical address or email address since they're both above but I'm going to guess physical address.

Annie

Yep.. just got my "Initial Confirmation" email.

I also read the thing about Final Documents:

"Travel documents are customarily distributed approximately 2 weeks prior to the departure date. "

But like you don't know if that means actual physical docs or e-docs. Guess we will find out :)

Thanks

Thanks,

Just called because it looks like a really good deal but they close at 8pm. Redpepper, do you remember how much they charged for your kids in the same cabin? per kid?

I am looking for March 1st - I already booked air for the 29th of Feb:D and figured I'd find a deal on a cruise at some point. Never thought it could be this quick.

Thanks,

Just called because it looks like a really good deal but they close at 8pm. Redpepper, do you remember how much they charged for your kids in the same cabin? per kid?

I am looking for March 1st - I already booked air for the 29th of Feb:D and figured I'd find a deal on a cruise at some point. Never thought it could be this quick.

Our deal was as follows:

For a Panoramic Suite (class PS cabin midship) $949 per adult and $499 for the kiddo inclusive of tax/port charges/admin fees for the March 29th sailing. The March 1st sailing is $100 more for adults, don't know abt kids though.

This is almost the same deal (within $200) we got buying 3 weeks out for our last sailing on the Costa Med but I am thrilled we could go ahead now and book so we would be assured the cabin we wanted.

I had him check the "kids sail free" deal and the adult price was over $1700 each adult for the cabin we wanted so this was a better deal for us. Might be better for someone who is sailing with 2 kids and not just 1.

Hope this helps :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived