Sun 09/05/04 0065

LROBIN

jenlynmc,

Seems we're the only ones. We're also first time cruisers. Traveling with my wife and 18 year daughter. Because I'm the self proclaimed family travel coordinator, attempting to obtain as much info prior to sailing.

LRobin

Since nobody has answered your post, I will try to help. We were on the Sun in 9002 which is an AD, and you are in an AC. The difference I believe is that you are at the back of the boat, so it's not as windy and also I believe that you have seperated bedroom from the couch and chair area. Here is a link to my pictures of our room an AD 9002:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=56802&page=2&pp=25&highlight=beebes

Double click on this and then go my thread with an hpphoto link and double click on that. Let me know if you have any problems.

As far as upgrading, we upgraded from a balcony approximately 3 weeks out. Depending on how booked your cruise is, will depend on what price they set to upgrade and also how long you dare wait for the price to drop as it will the closer it comes to cruise time. If you have booked through a travel agent, you must go through a travel agent to upgrade, having them call NCL reaccomodations desk. If you booked yourself, through NCL you can call yourself. If you used a website travel agent, it's the same as a local travel agent. You need to get them involved.

Any other questions I can help, you can email me at beebes@uslink.net

Beebes,

Thank you very much for the upgrade information. The pictures were great and extremely helpful. Have been looking forward to this cruise for a long time. Was extremely concern about some of the reviews that I have read, but will take a wait and see attitude. Again appreciate the information.

LRobin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LRobin! Have you discovered anything about upgrades? I plan to contact our TA today. We are currently in a BA. We will be traveling without our 22 year old son (yeah). He's off at college and darned if this vacation didn't happen when he is in class. He volunteered to skip a week, but we didn't think that was a good idea... What excursions are you planning?

Lrobin --

I was on this cruise in June, and you should have a great time! The majority of the poor reviews came from when the Sun was a "new" ship. We found her wonderful!!!

Food is great, service is great, Alaska is beautiful. I wouldn't be worried about it at all -- just go and enjoy.

Jenlynmc --

We thoroughly enjoyed our BA cabin. I wouldn't worry much about upgrading if the cost is very much. Especially with only 2 people (we had 4), there is plenty of room.

Archived