Fellow Star Princess cruisers from week of 3/19/06

iowaoly

Just wondering if any of you have cruised on Princess since this cruise last year? How did you feel? Did it bother you at all or was it good to be cruising again? My husband has convinced me to go on another cruise with him to use the credit we received. I have agreed, but am a little concerned about how I may feel in the middle of the night. I am trying to jump back in the saddle again. Any of your stories would be appreciated. We are cruising May 19th.

Just wondering if any of you have cruised on Princess since this cruise last year? How did you feel? Did it bother you at all or was it good to be cruising again? My husband has convinced me to go on another cruise with him to use the credit we received. I have agreed, but am a little concerned about how I may feel in the middle of the night. I am trying to jump back in the saddle again. Any of your stories would be appreciated. We are cruising May 19th.

Haven' yet, but going on the Emerald Grand Med next month, haven't thought much about the fire. Have you looked it up on YOU TUBE? There are several videos of our ordeal. I am more worried about the flights over the ocean than being on the ocean. Have a good cruise

How often does a Princess cruise ship catch on fire (as with the Star incident). The odds of this happening again are rather small. It is time to live up to the fullest as you do not know what destiny may have planned for you in the future.

Go ahead and enjoy the cruise. I doubt that you will regret it.

Hey Plainsman, we're on the Emerald beginning next Thursday on the Grand Med trip, sorry we missed you but will leave her in good shape! I'll try and report on the trip as soon as we get back.

War Eagle!

We were on the Star during the fire and we actually did cruise again on the Caribbean Princess (Eastern Caribbean) in December of '06. We had an absolutely WONDERFUL time. Though, I must admit that we both had trouble sleeping the first couple of nights. I was actually quite surprised, as I wasn't consciously aware of any lingering mental reservations or anything, but I have to think my insomnia must've had something to do with the fire. Normally, on cruises I sleep like a baby. But, by the 3rd night we were both just fine and had no problems the rest of the cruise. Oddly enough, too, my lack of sleep the first couple of nights didn't really adversely affect my enjoyment of the daytime activities. And, I'm glad to have gotten that behind me. We've already booked a 12 day on the Tahitian Princess for this coming September, and another on the Caribbean Princess for June of '08. I highly recommend jumping back on the horse.

Oh, and if you book at the right time, using your credit from the Star cruise, it can be an extremely affordable vacation. ;) If I remember correctly,I think the credit payed for more than half the cost of our December trip on the Caribbean. But, I believe you have to use it within 2 years.

Happy cruising! :D

Archived