Pirates

Sunshine827

Hi

Have you been on the pirate encounter before or have you heard anything about it. I was just looking at things to do and saw it. I would be interested in the answers you get.

Friends of ours just did it last month. They said it was great. "Pirates" made the kids scrub the deck with brushes. They walked the plank & jumped into the caribbean. The ship actually goes out into the water & shoots "cannon balls" at the cruise ships.She said it was a really great time. My kids cannot wait!!

Sunshine427

I am taking my son on the Carnival Cruise on the Victory Ship May 20 - 27 in hte western caribbean. I was interested in getting more information on the pirate cruise. Do you know if it is suitable for a 5 year old. I am worried that it might be a little scary for him.

Any information you could give me would be great!

Thanks!

Sunshine427

I am taking my son on the Carnival Cruise on the Victory Ship May 20 - 27 in hte western caribbean. I was interested in getting more information on the pirate cruise. Do you know if it is suitable for a 5 year old. I am worried that it might be a little scary for him.

Any information you could give me would be great!

Thanks!

We had some friends that came with us and they took there 4 and 3 year old and they had a great time. They love pirates. Everybody was really nice to them

thanks for the reply. I was just worried how he would deal with being made to scrub the deck on the ship and jump off the plank. Is participation mandatory or can he just watch the other kids if he wants to?

thanks for the reply. I was just worried how he would deal with being made to scrub the deck on the ship and jump off the plank. Is participation mandatory or can he just watch the other kids if he wants to?

sorry ...dramaqueen_9 here. I am using my mom's computer and forgot to log in properlly.

We also booked the Pirate Encounter excursion.

Afterwards, we were thinking of hanging out on a beach somewhere along 7-Mile Beach.

Here is a video from You Tube about the Pirate Encounter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO8td1QUaVY

It's good to hear that those of you that went on the excursion liked it. My boys are looking forward to "walking the plank" and attacking the cruise ship.

I also wonder if the kids get a choice to participate in the "swabbing the deck activity". I'm not sure if my kids would like scrubbing the deck with a toothbrush and get buckets of water dumped over them! In looking at the video it appears as if the majority of those that participated in this activity were older teens/young adults.

I am looking forward to this excursion when we cruise in July. My nephew will absolutely go crazy when he finds out about it. He loves pirates and being 5 years old will believe that they are the real deal, sort of like when they meet a Mickey Mouse or another character for the 1st time. I can imagine all of picture opportunities just from the descriptions I have read.

Hi, my son and I are interested in this excursion. My question is we are there for a very limited time, 7am - 2pm, if we did the pirates would we still have time to go to Hell & do some shopping??? Thanks!!

We had some friends that came with us and they took there 4 and 3 year old and they had a great time. They love pirates. Everybody was really nice to them

yes, it is mainly for kids,but we went because we wanted to watch the kids. It was fun for us older kids to. Then we went and done alot of shopping.

Hi, my son and I are interested in this excursion. My question is we are there for a very limited time, 7am - 2pm, if we did the pirates would we still have time to go to Hell & do some shopping??? Thanks!!

Yes. The shopping and pirates are right at the dock. It takes about 15 minutes to get to Hell by taxi and about 2 minutes to "tour" Hell. It's a rock formation and a store to take advantage of the rock formation. If you take your passport, the devil will stamp it.lol

Archived