Yay...New to the Cruise Critic Family!!!

Greetings,

I am so excited to be a part of the Cruise Critic Nation! I have been visiting for the last few days and have found myself somewhat addicted-for lack of a better word. :rolleyes: You all seem so nice, helpful and sound genuinely kindhearted people. You all are genius! I would like to thank you in advance for having me and I look forward to interacting with you all through the posts!

A little about me...I have only been on 1 cruise (Nov 2005) onboard Carnival Fascination (didn't know what I was missing). My husband and I loved it, however I overpacked, brought hills for walkng around (in the Bahamas), and I did not know about cruise critic. But, we had such an amazing experience on that one cruise and we were sold! It was awesome and I am now a permanent cruiser!

Anyway, I have booked our first balcony aboard Carnival Conquest and I am sooooooooo eager. We have to fly to Galveston (Nov 17th), stay overnight (already booked our room) and then we sail the Western Caribbean (yay!). I have been searching day and night for travel accesories and reading reviews on everything from restaurants and coupons to the best beaches and shore excursions. I am so excited-Can you tell? Oh-quick disclaimer...as mentioned before I am new, so bare with me as learn how to post, reply, etc. (I hope the timer thingee works) Thanks in advance everyone-I am so excited! ;)

Welcome! Be prepared to be sucked in to the CC zone. It has been know to have a strange affect on normal people causing them to ignore all else and to be found reading CC in the dark with spouces sleeping:D Reading one more post, that take several hour:eek:

Hope we help you and you have a great time cruising.

Greetings,

I am so excited to be a part of the Cruise Critic Nation! I have been visiting for the last few days and have found myself somewhat addicted-for lack of a better word. :rolleyes: You all seem so nice, helpful and sound genuinely kindhearted people. You all are genius! I would like to thank you in advance for having me and I look forward to interacting with you all through the posts!

A little about me...I have only been on 1 cruise (Nov 2005) onboard Carnival Fascination (didn't know what I was missing). My husband and I loved it, however I overpacked, brought hills for walkng around (in the Bahamas), and I did not know about cruise critic. But, we had such an amazing experience on that one cruise and we were sold! It was awesome and I am now a permanent cruiser!

Anyway, I have booked our first balcony aboard Carnival Conquest and I am sooooooooo eager. We have to fly to Galveston (Nov 17th), stay overnight (already booked our room) and then we sail the Western Caribbean (yay!). I have been searching day and night for travel accesories and reading reviews on everything from restaurants and coupons to the best beaches and shore excursions. I am so excited-Can you tell? Oh-quick disclaimer...as mentioned before I am new, so bare with me as learn how to post, reply, etc. (I hope the timer thingee works) Thanks in advance everyone-I am so excited! ;)

Welcome aboard, beautiful :)

. It has been know to have a strange affect on normal people causing them to ignore all else and to be found reading CC in the dark with spouces sleeping:D

So true what the above poster said, exactly what I am doing now!:D

Welcome to CC, you will find the people on here so helpful with their information. Glad you are excited about your upcoming cruise. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Welcome to CC. :D You will love this site and will become very addicted to it just like the rest of us are. :p Just keep reading and asking questions because this site is the "gold mine" for cruise info.

Greetings,

I'd like to second that- I have been here a few weeks, mostly lurking, but I have gained a wealth of information. I feel so lucky to have found this board- which I stumbled onto by accident.

Thanks all for being so welcomining.

Welcome Mary and Beauty! You, my friends, have been infected by the bug for which happily, there is no cure! Well, there's a kind of cure...making sure you always have your next cruise booked!:D

Enjoy!

Welcome aboard! I can almost hear your excitement! We can't help but :D while reading your post! I can already tell you will be a big asset to this board, with just your wonderful enthusiasm!

Welcome Beauty! you will LOVE the Conquest! I sailed her a coupl eof years ago but have sailed out of Galveston 3 times. If you have any questions, fire away! Where are you staying pre-cruise in Galveston?

Welcome!! We're glad you joined us.

Just remember - we were all newbies at one time and we all had to learn. This is a great place and I got so much info from here that I feel like a really seasoned cruiser (and felt like that even before I set food on the ship).

It's a good place to come to help the time pass till it's your turn to sail too. Check out all the forums. The ports of call boards are very helpful along with this one. The general "ask a cruise question" is good too. I have spent many an hour on the fashion board as well. Spent way too much money afterwards too from all the great Coldwater Creek codes that people share! :p

Post your questions but also try out the search feature at the top of the boards to see if you can find some of the answers first. You can even search out pictures of your ship and/or cabin. You might get so many posts from that search that it feels overwhelming. If that happens, don't worry - ask it anyway. I have found that if I phrase my question politely and add a thank you at the end (and I'm certain from your original post you'll have NO trouble doing this) that you'll get the responses that you're looking for.

Once again, WELCOME!!

Kim

Greetings,

Thanks PINEVIEW 01, Neptunes Goddess, CaptainEdwardJohnSmith, Drew'sWife, Sandi149, DisneyNutMary,popcorngal,MomofZeke,Honeybear,Madaamt,TxStacey,KAWS and Donnadsw for such a warm welcome. I can hardly contain my excitement. It's such a blessing being a part of something larger than myself. I apologize in advance if I missed anyone (I feel like I'm at the podium-on stage accepting an Academy Award :p ). It takes me a moment to gather my thoughts, write, check spelling for errors, etc. Thanks for all the tips and pointers-you are the best.:)

TxStacey-After reading some reviews about hotels and doing some research I decided to go with the Commodore on the Beach. It's a non-smoking hotel (my handsome hubby has a sensitive nose and will not be able to sleep if he smells smoke in the room). It also has free internet-perfect for hubby and his laptop. It's also next door to Gaido's & Casey's a seafood restaurant I've been reading about and wanted to check out. Plus, its very close to port. We are only there for one night so this should be suitable-I had to hurry and make my reservation-some of the hotels were already sold out-or so they say!:rolleyes:

Archived