Miami pre cruise review

gypsyrose

Stayed at the Holiday Inn and requested high level room facing port which we got and thouroughly enjoyed. Did not have any problems with the HI, thought it was just fine for us.

Cabbed over to South Beach, had lunch at News Cafe (thanks lmndrp) then lounged on the beach for a few hours. Did not realize it would be tops optional. The boys had their tongues hanging out for a while. There was an interesting guy walking on the beach with a half top and skin tight denim capris on. He did a lot of poses for the camera.

Had dinner at Bubba Gumps Bayside and listened to live music on the waterfront. Very nice start to our cruise.

Next morning we walked a block behind the hotel to Mc Donalds for breakfast. Not a very good neighborhood but ok in daylight. There seems to be a lot of homeless people in Miami and we were approached by beggars.

Any ?? I will try to answer.

Stayed at the HI Port of Miami, right across from Bayside with a view of the port from our window. Tried priceline and never got a price accepted and had never really used priceline before so I was kind of leary. Finally found an ok rate online and booked it. Probably paid more than most, but I hate the whole priceline thing. Maybe I will try again next year.

Thanks for responding back. Hope you enjoy your cruise. We decided to book a FLL hotel instead using Hilton Honors points. POM hotels were very expensive without priceline and you never know what you will using them. Happy Sailing!

Stayed at the HI Port of Miami, right across from Bayside with a view of the port from our window. Tried priceline and never got a price accepted and had never really used priceline before so I was kind of leary. Finally found an ok rate online and booked it. Probably paid more than most, but I hate the whole priceline thing. Maybe I will try again next year.

Was there anyplace to buy soda or water at bayside or HI to take on cruise?

We spent a few hours at Bayside prior to going home from our Fascination cruise in late March. It had been four years since we had been in Miami and stayed at the Hyatt. We were told at the hotel not to walk from Bayside to the Hyatt at night. We just took a cab but did walk it during the day light hours. I couldn't believe how much building there is near Bayside and the HI. Bayside was pretty much the same and we enjoyed it as always. I am surprised you didn't realize SB was topless...makes for interesting entertainment to say the least. We stayed two nights pre-cruise and enjoyed it but if I had just one night, would probably stay at the HI next time.

Archived