What not to miss...and what is ok to miss?

8mpg

Someone said order some of each. That is my theory. I get a fish dish or other and then get a steak on the side. My cruise is 75 days away and I am already down 10/15 lbs. Last cruise I ordered as above and tablemates thought me crazy and then I finished it all. To top it I had all the deserts and everyone at the table laughed, until I finished them all. Our waiter on the dawn, was great. He got in the habit of giving me any extra deserts he brought out by accident, this was after I commented about him tossing one away.

HINT---it seamed to me that the steaks were always a little overcooked, so I advise ordering one level down from what you do at home, ie;if you like it med, order it med/rare and so forth.

happy eating!!!!:)

Where did you get those chocolate covered strawberries?

They look gorgeous! :D

I'm not sure about the ones you are referring to but if you do the Ultimate balcony Dinner they serve you (give you) some on a platter. They're dressed in chocolate Tux's and very yummy. We put ours in the fridge and enjoyed them for a couple of days.

As for the OP's question:

I, for one, simply love the french toast at breakfast. I find their french toast very thick yet light. Extremely yummy.

We find all the beef dishes overrated as we also come from cattle country and are definitely beef spoiled.

I also always have the Creme Brulee when it's offered.

Someone else mentioned they thought the Ultimate Balcony Dinner/Breakfast not worth the surcharge...I agree. I also think Sabitini's fits in this category also.

Have a fun cruise

I don't miss any of it and here's how.....

If you sit at a table with others, encourage everyone to order their main entree plus another off the menu. Ask the waiter to put a large spoon or fork on each plate and then pass around the entree with everyone taking a spoonful,. The spoon or fork on the entree is for serving only. There are a lot of dishes where you may be dying for a taste but don't want to order it as your main dish. It's a lot of fun and do the same with dessert. If someone decides they want a full portion, it's easy to order one. The waiters love it, really, and the other diners think you are something special.

Well, really interested in food :) Lots of poeple say the beef wellington is amazing, so its one thing I will be sure to try. Also cant miss lobster or king crab. Anything else that you guys REALLY recommend?

What is worth missing? We are thinking of trying Sabatinis and just got to find the right day to miss..sure wont be lobster night :D

actually, I hve to say that the lobster is overrated. Perhaps I'm spoiled, living in New England...

Yes, those are the ones. :D

There was a photo of them on Cliff and Kelly's photo site.

If you just want the plate of chocolate dipped strawberries, they can actually be ordered from the Room Service menu (8 pieces for $8). I don't know how they do it, but they manage to select the plumpest, juiciest strawberries for these, and they are quite generously coated with bittersweet chocolate. Yum! :)

on formal nites u can order a tray of hordevres and we also got choco strawberries that were the sweetest i have ever tasted. u need to order this in the am so u can have them as your are dressing or sipping cocktails...wheee.we loved it last yr.we had 2 couples with us and it was so much fun before dinner....i havent checked the benefits on elite this yr online... has any thing changed[take aways]? we also bring a few bottles of our fav wines for pre dinner sips.. and of course all the capts parties etc..

aloha, jadragnfly

I loved the pina colada soup and the ice cream. Actually I loved almost everything!:)

There's a wonderful cold soup offered the first night of every cruise that is served in a glass - think of it as a drink.

Princess souffles are the perfect dessert!

And for breakfast - I request a bowl of mixed berries.

Unfortunately, I try not to miss anything when it comes to food. But here are my picks.

DO go to tea and have the scones with cream and jam. I eat in the dining room for all my meals but DO pass through the buffet to see if there are some noshes I want to keep in my cabin. DO try the cold soup, my favorite is the Pina Colada. DO order the fettucini alfredo as a side dish if the baked potato thing doesn't appeal to you (what the heck order the fettucini anyway LOL). DO order a sample platter of desserts for the table. DO find the amaretti and pine nut cookies in the buffet. DO try the ice cream available at every lunch and dinner, the flavors are creative. DO get a souffle, I'll bet you are hooked just like the rest of us.

DON'T be afraid to ask the waiters for suggestions. DON'T feel embarrassed if your entree is not to your taste and you want to reorder something else. DON'T hesitate to ask for seconds if something was delicious.

Archived