Crown Lido cabins w/full ht. balcony dividers

ClimberMom

Hey, has anyone stayed in a Crown Princess Lido deck cabin where the balcony partition is a solid full height divider, instead of the quarter circles that divide all the other cabins? I saw some photos of the Crown and I can see that partition. Looks like a structural support. I think our cabin is right there (L259).

Has anyone experienced that partition? Does it block your view? What did you think?

We had two cabins on the Lido deck on a Crown voyage last summer and one of the two had the solid wall. I was no problem at all. It actually provided more privacy on that side. We lovedthe cabin. The only problem would be if you are traveling with others, and want to open the door between the balcony's ... you wouldn't be able to if that wall was in the middle of the two cabins. We didn't know before we sailed that the solid wall would be there. Fortunatley it didn't cause a problem for us.

Thanks, Big Guy.

Glad to hear it was not a problem. I think we'll keep the location. The extra privacy will be nice. How was the noise and motion up there on the front of the ship? We've never stayed that far forward before. :rolleyes:

We were on Lido one month ago and loved it! We had 254 and 256. We had a great room steward, Maralyn! The location was fantastic. Very convenient to the pools. Convenient to the buffets, burgers, drinks, etc. We enjoyed being able to walk out to the lookout over the bridge for sail-aways and when pulling into port. Just go to the front and through the two doors. The only negative I can think of is, because we were so high (deck 15) we took the elevator more frequently then on past cruises when we were a little lower. Something about walking from deck 6 to 15 - I just couldn't do it often, especially when dressed up. The LIdo deck was surprisingly quiet and we were very near the elevator. Very little traffic at all because it's a smaller area.

I agree with everything Aprilrad said. We loved the cabin. It was great to go up front as you came into ports. As a matter of fact, many on the ship could never quite figure out how we got out there. Most people walk right past the two doors you need to go through to get out.

There were no motion or noise issues. It was really one of our favorite cruises.

Archived