1240 or 1241 Sofa bed?

caragh193

Greetings Fellow Cruise Critics!

We are looking to sail to Alaska in Aug'08 and wondered if anyone has recently stayed in 1240 or 1241 and they can confirm the configuration of these cabins on the Sky Deck.

Do 1240 or 1241 have a sofabed? Unfortunatly 1200 & 1201 are booked and I know they both have sofa beds...I saw 1200 on my last cruise...as we were in 1204...our cabin steward said the other cc cabins at the end also had a sofa bed, but I am not sure about this..did not get a chance to see either of them.

I did a search the boards and was not successfull with getting any info on these cabins and whether they have a sofabed.

Thanks for any info.....

Kind Regards,

Caragh :o

I was in 1241 ***** the Mercury in April 2006 and the room did not have a sofa bed. They actually booked three of us in that room. It was one adult and two children. When I asked how the third person would sleep they offered to bring in a roll away. Unfortunately that left no room to walk around. They ended up placing the sofa on the balcony each night so I would have room to walk around. I also complained and they offered me a $400 on board credit.

Now for the good news. The deck is huge. I was really nice to have such a large deck.

Just off the MERCURY CABIN 1240 .....no sofa...small desk and 2 chairs....best thing about room is the balcony. It is small especially with the beds apart. Could barely walk around them to get outside. Plenty of closet space tho.

We stayed in the Galaxy 1241 in February - here are some pictures so you can see for yourself:

We just booked 1241 on the Mercury. After 12+ cruises on MClass ships, we weren't too sure about this choice, but looks okay. Thanks !

We just booked 1241 on the Mercury. After 12+ cruises on MClass ships, we weren't too sure about this choice, but looks okay. Thanks !

We took the Galaxy, which I believe is the same layout as the Mercury, in February after 5 M-Class trips. We were also a little hesitant as the Galaxy in particular had had a lot of negative comments about the condition of the ship.

We thought the Galaxy was just wonderful. It was a great cruise on a great ship. Many areas of the ship had recently been refurbished, and the CD told us the updating was ongoing. As for ship layout and size it was just fine. My wife says she liked the Galaxy layout better, but I liked the M class a little more - although I'd sail either depending in timing and itinerary and who we knew sailing on what cruise.

Archived