Roll Call - Emerald Princess 5/29/07

eandr

Great. We're arriving on the 27th in Barcelona also. We're from Arlington, VA in Washington DC area. Have you cruised in Mediterranean before. We're curious about any good tips on excursions. Worth doing or better to try on your own? Which ones are good. Also, have you been on Princess before?

I see you like Royal Caribbean. That was our last cruise in March 06. We were on Serenade of the Seas in Southern Caribbean.

icon11.gif In France we plan on renting a car on our own and traveling from Marseille to St. Remy where they'll be having their weekly market. Then on to Aix, and the surrounding areas in which Vangough lived.

In Florence it will be on our own. My partner is a art history teacher and he is handling the arrangements for Florence. We have reservations at the Acadamia and the Uffitsi Gallery, having heard lines can be long without them.

In Civitavechia we plan on taking the train from the port to Rome. We've both been to Rome several times before and plan a relaxed self guided tour.

In Naples we also plan on taking the train from the port to Pompeii. At Pompeii we have reservations for three places which are not open to the general public. Instead small groups are let into these old homes and baths at specific times.

In Mikonos we plan on taking the only ship sponsored tour to Delos, then spending the remainder of the short day in Mikonos.

In Athens we plan on doing it on our own.

In Istanbul and Ephesus we have hired a private tour guide to take us to the top places, and to even take us to a Hamam in Istanbul.

After arriving in Venice we are staying the week at a little Albergo overlooking one of the canals away from the busy tourist area.

We've both been to some of these areas in the Mediterranean. I lived in Sicily for two years. Neither of us has gone cruising in the Med before. This is also our first time to cruise on Princess.

Have you ever been to this part of Europe before? What is you and your partners age range.

We are both very excited, especially since the time is getting close!!!!icon10.gif

I traveled through Italy many years (20?) ago. Also, spent a week in Barcelona and Ibiza about 15 years ago. I've never been to Greece or Turkey though. My partner has never been to Europe so I'm excited to show him around the parts I remember. I think we're planning on a few of the ship excursions and then doing a few cities by ourselves. We're 42 and 32.

I also have not been to Greece and Turkey. My partner has gone to Italy and France with a student group (he's a teacher) before we met. This time he'll be able to enjoy it, not having to watch crazy teenagers.

I know it'll be great with your partner seeing Europe for the first time! How exciting.

We're both in our 40's, although my partner looks much older than I. (Just kidding).

Please e-mail us at: geslwb@hotmail.com. That way I can provide more detailed information on some of the things we've planned.

George

Archived