Scuba Help Fast!

SocrRiss18

Hi everyone....

Alright, well we're leaving on a cruise in about a week (may 13th). We wanna go scuba diving but it looks like Carnival may be filled. Does anyone have any suggestions on places to go scuba diving in Grand Cayman. We're not certified, but have each gone 3 or 4 times. Any help would be appreciated, and the sooner the better. Thanks!

Since you are not certified, you will need to repeat a "resort course" (formally called a Discover Scuba Diving) program. Several shops may be able to offer this option on a walk up basis, but it is best to call ahead.

Divers Down has as shop within walking distance just north of the tender docks. Their dive is a dive from shore out to a shipwreck, the wreck of the Cali.

www.diversdown.net

diversdown@diversdown.net

345-945-1611

Eden Rock is located a short walk south of the dock. They also do shore dives for resort courses.

www.edenrockdive.com

edenrock@candw.ky

345-949-7243

Don Fosters is a little further south than Eden Rock. It's still a little bit of a walk, but doable.

www.donfosters.com

dfd@candw.ky

345-949-5679

You can search other options at the diving section of the online phone directory, Cayman Islands Yellow Pages.

I have done the beginner scuba with don fosters and they were fabulous! i highly recommend them. this was the highlight of my whole entire cruise.

have fun!

oh, and dh and i walked back from don fosters to our boat...no problem.

A decent local dive shop should be able to run you through the classroom and pool parts of your basic open water certification before you leave for your cruise on the 13th. They can also write you a referral(s) to finish your open water dives while you are on your cruise - if you have enough time in port to get your dives done. It would take some organization, but you'd have a vacation, get to scuba dive, and be a certified diver when you were through.

Archived