upgrades?

Never had an upgrade from P&O. We did get upgraded on Cubnard QM2, but the first we knew about it was at the Red Hook check-in. A very pleasant surprise to start off our crossing!:)

David

can enyone tell me how the upgrade system works on P&O do they ask you on the ship or do they tell you when you get your tickets

Only time I've been upgraded is when doing a Guarantee booking - but then only done 2 P+O cruises.

First time, got upgraded from OH to OB (I think)

2nd time, no upgrade.

Karen

can enyone tell me how the upgrade system works on P&O do they ask you on the ship or do they tell you when you get your tickets

Which upgrade system would that be then?????????

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

They do exist but there doesn't seem to be any system as such.

We're just back off Arcadia and got a free upgrade from inside to restricted view on E deck.

(Can highly recommend these cabins, floor to ceiling window with a view of some part of a tender, loads of room!)

Two days before we went we were offerd by our TA an upgrade to Balcony for £300 which we turned down.

I have heard that P&O contact the TAs who in theory know which of their clients are flexible about cabins etc. but don't know if this is true.

HI yes they do exist but as to how you are chosen, I beleive depends on how loyal a P & C customer you are and how many times you have sailed on a certain ship.

I say this as our good friends are currently on their third sailing on Arcadia (and that within 12 months). On their first sailing, they booked an inside on E deck and that was what they got.

On their second sailing last Oct, they booked the same but got upgraded to a balcony on A deck for no extra cost. This time, when we spoke to them on Friday presail they said they had again received a phone call and were this time upgraded to a balcony of C deck (again at no extra cost).

They have also won a weekend cruise on Ventura. This current cruise on Arcadia will be their 12th cruise with P & O so it may well mean something.

I am sure if you are a loyal customer and book inside cabins, they will try and upgrade you as obviously if the ship is not full, it is far easier for P & 0 to sell off the insides cheaply to try and fill the ship. They make a lot of money from passengers spending on board so a few upgrades to outside or balcony dont cost them that much if they can sell of the insides and sail with a full ship.

As for us, we never get upgraded cos we always book balcony cabins and aft at that when we can. Wouldn't want to risk being stuck in an inside just in case it didn;t work, but our friends have been fortunate.

I am sure P & O go for loyalty first and upgrade from there..... may I may be wrong and our friends may just have the luck of the irish with them each time.........

Kind regards to all

Babs

Arcada - Cabin D184 is awaiting me...........(but I have to wait another three months yet:mad: )

Last year we were upgraded from OG to OB cabins - on our first cruise!

The first we knew of it was when our tickets arrived 2 weeks before we sailed.

I think it all depends on whether you are flexible with your booking - if you don't go with specific cabin numbers but a grade and general location in mind then your TA will know you are likely to accept an upgrade than if you go in saying I want this specific cabin and nothing else will do.

Again maybe I'm wrong but on other sites you read of peole doing 20+ cruises and never even being offered an upgrade.

Feebee_71

When you book a cruise you are asked, are you not?, if you would accept a upgarde if offered?

I book early for the balcony cabin position I want , ie. Midships on B or C deck, so refuse upgrade as don't want any old cabin... but amazing that someone got upgraded from inside to balcony - esp as I am paying £500pp extra for a balcony ! a bit unfair, but then i suppose thats how it goes if you are prepared to take a risk, and not play safe!:confused:

sue

Which upgrade system would that be then?????????

Happy Cruising

Dai

When I posed the above question it was because I do not think there is a system and any upgrade looks to be random so if you are lucky you may get one.

On CC (P&O) the same question has been asked and cruisers with over 20 cruises did not get an upgrade and others after one or two cruises got one. It may depend on the cabin you have booked.

We booked a mini suite last October as it was our 30th Anniversary and a month or so before the cruise we were offered a suite for a small fee. So we took it and had a great time butler and all.:D

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

Archived