Serenade departure from San Diego

hallsuk2

Hello,

Currently looking at a Serenade departure for October 2008 through the Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale.Coming from the U.K. we are planning a few days in San Diego before embarking Serenade and would welcome comments and advice from people who have experience of San Diego departures.

Of particular interest are hotels,transfer from airport to downtown and where the ships depart from.I intend to keep looking on the net for information etc. but would be grateful for any input from anybody.

Thank You in anticipation,

Iain

September and October are my favorite months in San Diego. Most of the summer tourists are gone, the beach is not crowded, but the water is still warm enough for swimming. Rarely any rain, but nice warm days and generally clear weather.

The airport is about 3 miles from the port. Easy to get there by either cab or shuttle. Many hotels in the Marina or Gaslamp Quarter are near the cruise ship terminal, but try to get discounted rooms on Priceline or other discount site as the prices are not low. Large conventions can drive up the prices and lower the availability in the Gaslamp and Marina areas too. If you plan to rent a car (this will give you the most flexibility) you can stay in less expensive but still close hotels in the Hotel Circle area of Mission Valley.

Let us know your specific questions. Those of us who live in "America's Finest City" are always eager to offer advice to visitors....just don't plan to move here!!!

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt replies.I can already see from a brief viewing of the websites that there is a wealth of information available for me to look at.

If I have any specific questions I will be back to ask.Meanwhile its time to investigate the websites.

Once again thank you for the replies,

Iain

san diego is a very easy and accessible port,,, we loved sailing from there,,

there is holiday inn on the bay which is directly across the street from the port,, i heard a lot of people enjoyed staying there,,,,

melissa

Ships dock where the Monarch OTS is in this photo ...

WITWLXIII.jpg

Here is another view of the Monarch docked in San Diego ...

WITWLXIIIa.jpg

The airport is just north of the dock, and can be seen in the top of this photo ...

WITWLXIIIb.jpg

Downtown San Diego is right across the street from the cruise ships.

Archived