Aft Or Hump Cabin For Alaska

Hi everyone,

DH and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary next summer and we would love to do an Alaska cruise on Serenade of the Seas.

Which type of cabin do you think is best to get the best views for an Alaska cruise, the Aft or the Hump cabin?

How do you know which side of the ship is best if we choose to go with a hump cabin?

Your advice will be really appreciated :)

Thanks,

Teri

Hi everyone,

DH and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary next summer and we would love to do an Alaska cruise on Serenade of the Seas.

Which type of cabin do you think is best to get the best views for an Alaska cruise, the Aft or the Hump cabin?

How do you know which side of the ship is best if we choose to go with a hump cabin?

Your advice will be really appreciated :)

Thanks,

Teri

One word:

AFT!!!

Hump/Bump - closer to the elevators and believe me unless u like to walk a lot to wear off the great food..u will discover its a bit of a distance to the elevators from the aft section on the Radiance class of ships which, as u likely know, includes the Serenade..That said the aft view is really nice & very private.

Doesn't really matter port or starboard on the inside passage cruises 'cause u will see it all either going north or returning south. There is one good reason to take a port side cabin on the hump/bump and that is that the balconies are very large. If u choose aft it won't matter for an obvious reason :0)

Hope this helps..

Have happy cruisin'!

Hi- we are doing serenade in 8 wks from today and got a hump cabin- 95** and 95**- we were very excited to get them- it was a fluke as we just booked in jan...

i believe that the real hump is ONLY on the starboard side as the elevators are on the port mid-ship... we are doing a RT, so we will get to see a good variety... my Mom cannot walk that far so close to the action for her and DS 13 was important to us... if you want to be walking that much every day maybe the aft would be good- but I would always feel like i was seeing things TOO LATE- that i might miss things in front- like marine life- that would be gone by the time the whole ship passes by...

you will see that there are as many opinions on this as their are CC'rs!!

Lisa

On the South-bound leg of our Alaskan cruise in September two years ago, my DSLW Bonnie and I were enjoying a tall-frosty adult beverage on our AFT deck (that's right, we smuggled BOOZE aboard, and I'll do it again!!!) , and we were treated to a private showing of the Aurora Borealis light show. It started out very faint, but by 1:00AM, it was absolutely spectacular! We woke our neighbors, so they could enjoy the show with us (and also so they could verify that we weren't hallucinating!), and the four of us sat out on our decks enjoying the show for the next couple of hours.

It is something that I will never forget...

We had corner Aft 1100 JS on Serenade to Alaska and it was absolutely the best cabin we have ever had! The view was incredible and the balcony was huge. It more than makes up for the long walk back from the elevators. Have a wonderful cruise. The Serenade is a beautiful ship.:)

Hi- we are doing serenade in 8 wks from today and got a hump cabin- 95** and 95**- we were very excited to get them- it was a fluke as we just booked in jan...

i believe that the real hump is ONLY on the starboard side as the elevators are on the port mid-ship... we are doing a RT, so we will get to see a good variety... my Mom cannot walk that far so close to the action for her and DS 13 was important to us... if you want to be walking that much every day maybe the aft would be good- but I would always feel like i was seeing things TOO LATE- that i might miss things in front- like marine life- that would be gone by the time the whole ship passes by...

you will see that there are as many opinions on this as their are CC'rs!!

Lisa

Congrats on getting those D1 cabins...hope its your best trip ever..Its one of my favorite spots on the Radiance class ships - I'm in one soon to Alaska also.

Have to disagree though: 'only starboard is hump'!

There are 2 cabins on either side of the elevators port side of the hump/bump - Elevator side walls are double insulated and the balconies are huge compared to others..They book very quickly after release..difficult to get but worth it..

Congrats on getting those D1 cabins...hope its your best trip ever..Its one of my favorite spots on the Radiance class ships - I'm in one soon to Alaska also.

There are 2 cabins on either side of the elevators port side of the hump/bump - Elevator side walls are double insulated and the balconies are huge compared to others..They book very quickly after release..difficult to get but worth it..

I'm lucky enough to have one of those cabins on deck 7 for our 15-day Hawaii round-tripper this October. The balcony looks HUGE!

We have just returned from a cruise on Jewel of the Seas, we had cabin 8102 which was the one just next to the elevators aft - the balcony was huge!!! - I would recommend a hump cabin as we saw a lot of shoreside activity - even go for the cabin directly in front of the hump as i think this would be more sunny. the aft cabins will be very sunny and the view lovely but my parents say they can be prone to fumes.

hope this helps

Rachel

We've always stayed in aft cabins on the Radiance class ships, so I can't compare, but they are wonderful. We had 1100 on Radiance and second the motion that it was the best cabin we've ever had! We've also stayed in 1600, a GS, and didn't like it as well. There is a link to pictures of 1100, 1600 and 1602 in my signature.

We'll be on the hump for the first time for our upcoming Alaska cruise. We'll see how we like it - I'm sure it will be wonderful!

Thanks for the correction!!:o We were so thrilled when asked if we would like to book those cabins that we felt that our trip was destined!! to happen, and forged ahead- only to be super-pleased about the 55% senior citizen discount for both cabins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We saved so much $$$ that i stared yelling and jumping up and down and HD thought I had lost my mind- again...!!!!:D

Thanks for the correction!!:o We were so thrilled when asked if we would like to book those cabins that we felt that our trip was destined!! to happen, and forged ahead- only to be super-pleased about the 55% senior citizen discount for both cabins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We saved so much $$$ that i stared yelling and jumping up and down and HD thought I had lost my mind- again...!!!!:D

Needed a good laugh - thanks for supplying it..U are fortunate u still have a mind to lose - can't even find mine..:0)

Glad u got a great deal - one good reason to be a senior - likely the only one :0).. I got nice discount also on my D1 and am also on the hump/bump with a larger balcony. U will love those cabins I always do..

Wishing u a wonderful cruise..

Archived