Spirit: Ensenada Embarkation to Hawaii

Is it as bad as they say? Is it better to get our own transportation from San Diego to the port or use the Carnival Air and transfers? Also, what is the earliest time you can get on the ship? Thanks in advance, Scott

Embarkation FROM Ensenada ain't anywhere as bad as disembarkation FROM Ensenada.

My preference would be to do my own tranportation to Ensenada,

crossing the border in San Ysidro going towards Mexico ain't anywhere as chaotic as crossing into the the US from Mexico.

Just my opinion being somewhat familiar with what goes on down here. :)

Thanks, Capt!

I seem to remember reading about a hotel in/near San Diego that included transportation to the port when you stayed there the night before embarkation, but now I cannot find it. Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks, Capt!

I seem to remember reading about a hotel in/near San Diego that included transportation to the port when you stayed there the night before embarkation, but now I cannot find it. Anyone have any info on this?

You're welcome Chef.................you are my kinda friend, especially with someone who has taken first place as chef, how can I go wrong? :D :D

Now about that hotel, are you sure about that? Reason I ask is because I am sure there are a few hotels in the San Diego area which will provide you with complimentary transportation to the port in SAN DIEGO, (some of them you can actually walk TO the ship, bang right across the street) I am not quite sure or aware of how practical it is for any hotel in San Diego to provide you with transportation to Ensenada, which is like a 1-1/2 - 2 hours south of San Diego.

Well, that is what I was thinking also. Maybe I read it wrong and it was for port of San Diego. I work as a personal chef now and love having my own schedule, thanks for the info. S.

Scott, any idea how much Carnival's transfer is from San Diego to Ensenada? Because come to think of it, you know, living around Southern California and crossing into Mexico might be no biggie for us, if you are flying and trying to make your own way to Ensenada, to Mexico in general for the first time, well that might not be such a good idea afterall and I want to be the last person to misguide you. So that's a consideration to keep in mind.

Scott, any idea how much Carnival's transfer is from San Diego to Ensenada? Because come to think of it, you know, living around Southern California and crossing into Mexico might be no biggie for us, if you are flying and trying to make your own way to Ensenada, to Mexico in general for the first time, well that might not be such a good idea afterall and I want to be the last person to misguide you. So that's a consideration to keep in mind.

Its Complimentary from SD or LAX.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Transfers_Hawaii_Port_of_Honolulu.aspx

Complimentary Transfers to/from: Ensenada, Mexico; Ship:Spirit 4/16/06; 10/02/06; 4/15/07

Complimentary motor coach transfers are provided for all guests and service is provided by Greyhound Shore Services.

San Diego International Airport:

Transfer time approximately 2 hours. Guests will find the "Meet and Greet" service in the Baggage Claim Area.

Los Angeles International Airport:

Transfer time approximately 5 hours. Guests will find the "Meet and Greet" service outside of terminals #1 and #2 on the Baggage Claim area/level.

We are booked for the April 2009 cruise...our 25th anniversary. Right now we are locked in at 740.00 RT each for the air and transfers (ATL to San Diego and Hawaii back to ATL) which I think is a pretty good rate. I can cancel that at anytime before Jan 09 and book our own if we find a better rate. The crossing into Mexico scares me a little also. I have the luxury of time to check things out!

Thanks Liberty, we have Carnival Air and Transfers, but I have heard nightmares of 9 hour transfer times the past two cruises from Ensenada to Hawaii. I guess since they only do it a couple times a year they have not got it down.

Our last Carnival cruise was on Holiday out of Mobile. We loved it and from luggage drop off to getting on the ship was only 15 minutes!!!! So now I'm spoiled.

Its Complimentary from SD or LAX.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Transfers_Hawaii_Port_of_Honolulu.aspx

Complimentary Transfers to/from: Ensenada, Mexico; Ship:Spirit 4/16/06; 10/02/06; 4/15/07

Complimentary motor coach transfers are provided for all guests and service is provided by Greyhound Shore Services.

San Diego International Airport:

Transfer time approximately 2 hours. Guests will find the "Meet and Greet" service in the Baggage Claim Area.

Los Angeles International Airport:

Transfer time approximately 5 hours. Guests will find the "Meet and Greet" service outside of terminals #1 and #2 on the Baggage Claim area/level.

Looked at those date?

Scott's cruise is 2 years down the road!

LMAO..............sorry could not help it! :D :D :D :D :D

PS: But if complimentary is still the case in 2009, that is just great! Nothing beats "Complimentary" in my book

Archived