How long on Rum Point with Rays, Reefs, Rum Point?

fidldidi

• 1 month later...

Here is the lunch menu- it was emailed to me by Sharon at Nativeway because my daughter is a vegetarian and I wanted to be sure she could get something she can eat:

Rum Point Wreck Bar & Grill

Spicy Red Conch Chowder

Seasonal Fruit Cup topped with yogurt

Conch Fritters with Scotch Bonnet tartar sauce

Tortilla Chips with sour cream & salsa

Caesar Salad with chicken breast or fish

Rum Point Salad ham, turkey, swiss, crispy bacon & ranch dressing

Spicy Mahi-Mahi Caesar Wrap

Rum Point Chicken Wings sweet chili garlic or buffalo style

Chicken Club Sandwich

Blackened Mahi-Mahi Sandwich with mango mayonnaise

Cheeseburger or Jerk CheeseBurger w/lettuce, tomato, onion

Veggie Burger with swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato & onion

Jumbo Hotdog add jalapenos cheddar & onion

Jerk Pork Sandwich with Rum Point jerk mayo

Original Fish & Chips with Rum Point tartar sauce

Crispy Chicken Tenders with BBQ or honey mustard sauce

Grilled Chicken Sandwich provolone cheese, pesto, tomato, lettuce, & onion on Boboli bread with a side of lemon aioli

Today’s Catch with rice & beans and corn on the cob

Traditional Style Jerk Pork w/ rice & beans & corn on cob

All Served With Your Choice of Fries or House Salad

I read that your lunch order is called in ahead of time. Were there plenty of options for lunch? And, did you have to wait long for it, once you arrived at the beach?..........
Yes, it is a pretty good selection with stuff like grilled chicken, grilled fish, conch, salads, burgers, and more. (edit: looks like emd1 posted up the entire selection which looks about like I remembered). We did the tour last year and didn't have to wait very long at all for our food, that's why they call it in ahead of time.

The time you spend there sort of depends on what time the earliest ship leaves for those that are in your group. We had a couple on the Miracle last year and that ship left an hour before the Valor so we probably didn't spend as much time there as possible, but that gave us a little while to look around the shops in GC.

It was one of the better excursions that we have been on and I'd highly recommend it.

John

Thanks for the menu! It will be too hard to decide!! Now I have to ask what everyone has tried & how they liked it! LOL!!

That is also great to know about the return time being based on the people on your excursion. Maybe our group of 8 will be the only ones on our boat, and we don't have to be back until 4:30. I'm getting really excited about this excursion! Now, if I can just talk the rest of our group into it, and find a way to convince the 3-6yo's that the stingrays won't kill them like they did Steve Irwin! Still working on that one....

Tiffany, my teenagers were also like, "WHAT? You're taking us out to swim w/stingrays??!!" But I have been assured that these stingrays are not exactly "wild" like the one that Steve Irwin encountered, which had likely never seen or interacted w/ a human. And apparaently he swam right on top of it, which I don't plan to do. The stingrays in GC at that area have been fed for years by humans and are used to the interaction w/humans.

But we'll see how comfortable the kids are w/this...I haven't heard any stories of anyone getting hurt on this excursion, just a little freaked out by the stingrays rubbing up against you, etc...

John, I am glad to hear Nativeway was sensitive to the timing of ship departures. What time did you get back to Goergetown from the tour?
I don't recall exactly, but I believe it was between about 1:30 and 2:00 ship time.

We did that excursion last June and there were only two other couples with us, so it was almost like a private tour. I'm sure there are times when there are more people, but I believe they limit it to 25, so it should never be crowded like an excursion from the cruise ship would be.

That was the second time we have been with the stingrays and they are really neat. They are really very gentle and if they offer you the opportunity to feed them you should do it. There are very few places where you'll get a chance to interact with the rays like you can in GC.

John

Archived