Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

I'm also looking for information on wireless access. Would greatly appreciate finding out if it is available.

Thank you!

Hotcruzer

Does anyone know if there is wireless internet access on the legend?

I believe there is a business center or internet cafe but, wasn't sure if that was the only place you could get access.

Also, does anyone know how much it is per minute?

Thanks

hey all i called carnival and asked about the wireless internet....it's crazy expensive it was like $5 to start usiong it and then an additional amount per minute....u can use ur laptop or they have comps but its the same rate...I don't remember wat exactly the price was per minute but i remember sayin that its not worth it....

HEY...

FOR EVERYONE that just got back is their a sushi bar???

Yes, the Legend has a sushi bar. Here's what I posted about it on our roll call.

For those of you interested in sushi, I did some investigating and came up with this info:

The sushi bar is open every night except Monday from 5-8:30. Monday is the first formal night and is also the night of the Captain's Cocktail Reception Party. The sushi bar (it's actually a cart) is located on Deck 2 right outside the sports bar.

hey all i called carnival and asked about the wireless internet....it's crazy expensive it was like $5 to start usiong it and then an additional amount per minute....u can use ur laptop or they have comps but its the same rate...I don't remember wat exactly the price was per minute but i remember sayin that its not worth it....

HEY...

Here is the link on Carnival's site for internet access..

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

I don't remember if there was sushi or not.. sorry.. not a fan:(

Future Legend cruisers..... DON'T forget a Hawaiian shirt. I was looking forward to the Beer & Bathrobe party. But, on our cruise it was replaced with the luau. Just a heads up.....

Ack! I was looking forward to another bathrobe party. :( I always have Hawaiian shirts with me on a cruise anyhow so I'll be prepared for this party.

Okay, sorry I know I just posted but I just remembered my other question.

DH, 3 DD's (teens) & I are sailing on the Legend 8/08 and wondering what anyone recommends for transportation. I think 1st we'll need airport/hotel, then hotel/pier, then pier/airport.

With 5, plus luggage (of course) what will work and what cost should we expect? :confused:

Thanks!

Here is the web address for pictures we took on our cruise last week.

I am still adding more pics, it takes awhile.:rolleyes:

http://community.webshots.com/user/akkarebear?vhost=community

Those pictures were great! What kind of camera did you use for the underwater shots. I was looking into getting waterproof camera bags for our digital. Just curious!

It seems that the Legend has been primarily docking at the International Pier in Cozumel lately (been checking Cozumel Insider since December).

Has she ever docked at Punta Langosta or is she primarily an International Pier ship?

Hello Everyone,

I am a first time cruiser and I have several questions-thanks in advance for your help!

1) Do the rooms have a safe?

2) Can you open the fridge to put pop and waters that you bring with you in them?

3) Are there usually lockers at the beaches on the carnival shore excursions? If not, what do you do with your valuables when you are on the tours?

4) Anything you wish you would've known your first time?

5) Has anyone ever taken sandwiches with them on the tours from the ship? Do they package them so you can take them with you? (Trying to save some money!)

6) Liquor- sneaking on; good idea or bad? Do they throw it away if they find it?

7) What if I don't want to use my funpass- should I still sign up for it? I think I have to in order to get fully pre-boarded!

8)For the people who flew into Tampa and went straight from the airport to the port, what service did you use? Taxi? Van? Etc. Any help would be great! Thanks!

Thanks again for all of your help!

Hi, since no one took a stab at this I will try to help as I can:

1) Yes, the rooms have a safe. You need something with a magnetic strip to open and close, don't use your sign/sail card, many people use an old gift card.

2) You can put whatever you want in your fridge, note it doesn't get icy cold. I just take the stuff in it and stack it alongside the fridge and put my own stuff in, never had a problem doing this.

3) There may or may not be lockers, I recommend going to the Port of Call section and checking out where you plan to go. They have great recommendations there on things to do/see and beaches to recommend.

4) The only thing I wish I had the first time was a power strip to plug my electronics into, there are only a couple of plugs. Check these boards, people are great with helpful tips!

5) I could be wrong, but I wouldn't recommend taking a sandwich, only prepacked foods such as small cereal boxes. Check you port of call, I'm sure there is someone there who could recommend very reasonable and great food to eat.

6) You are allowed one bottle of wine per person. As far an liquor smuggling, there are alot of threads on this, put it in your checked bags very carefully packed for breakage, most have no problem.

7) You MUST have a funpass! And you will have to use it to get on and off the ship, into your room, and to buy anything on the ship, for most things they don't take cash.

8) I think the best way to get to the port from the airport is by taxi. I believe it is a flat $22. fee, check the board section under East Coast departures?? I think and there is alot of helpful tips there.

Thought I would try here first. Could anybody tell me if the Legend has rasul available in their spa and maybe the price also. Thanks ahead of time.

Sorry, I don't know what Rasul is, here is a link I found to spa prices. I usually just get the Swedish massage, which is generally not on the menu. Many get freaked out by the "hard sell" at the spa for product. On the questionaire they give you before treatment, just fill out as little as possible and where it asks what you want from your treatment just fill in TO RELAX, NO PRODUCT PITCHES PLEASE, works for me:)

http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Salon_and_Spa_Menu

I noticed the picture of your cabin #4136.

We have cabin #4144 and will be going in June out of Tampa.

I was told that cabin 4144 had french doors that opened and had a railing and no balcony. (with obstructed view of lifeboat)

Was yours that type?

I couldn't tell from your picture whether you had a balcony or a railing.

I just want to be able to open the window.

Thanks.

I had cabin 4140 on the Legend last year. Our cabin was just as you described. You could open the french doors to get a little fresh air. We could only open ours maybe a foot-couldn't open it all the way and you would probably need something to hold it open if you wanted to leave it open.

Great Pics - thx for sharing! We leave for this cruise in 2 weeks - may not even take our camera now, just print your pics :)

certainly helps get me more excited! thx!

I've read 90% of this thread and couldn't find some info:

1) How hard is it to get into a treadmil a/o elliptical in the mornings at the gym? Is it too crowded? Trying to fit in my workout.....

2) Any yoga or pilates classes?

3) For those of you that have received the onboard coupon savings booklet - is it worth it? What are some examples of the deals in it?

4) Is there a 'Serenity' area or at least an adults only pool? Which one is it? Is it hard to find lounge chairs after a certain time?

5)Is there a duty free shop at the Tampa port at which you could buy last minute wine/champagne/sodas before boarding?

6) What is your experience with emailing from the ship's library computers? Are they easily available or always crowded. I am trying to figure out the best and cheapest way to stay in touch as we are leaving our kiddos with grandma and grandpa..... Thanks in advance for the input!

AND CAPERS WOULD BE GREAT!!!

I had cabin 4140 on the Legend last year. Our cabin was just as you described. You could open the french doors to get a little fresh air. We could only open ours maybe a foot-couldn't open it all the way and you would probably need something to hold it open if you wanted to leave it open.

Thank you so much.

It just seemed too good to be true to be paying an inside price with the ability to open a door to the outside.

It's those night time cool Caribbean breezes that are so nice when you are sleeping.

Thank you again.