Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

This Legend thread has amazing info but I am having a difficult time getting through it all so these questions might be repeats.

Does somebody have a copy of the recent Capers?

Didn't keep them.

What did you think of the layout (as opposed to Conquest class ships)?

Neither is a prize winner, I've never been so lost as I was on the Legend.

Is there a big screen on the Lido deck?

No.

How were the buffet lineups?

Normal.

How did you like Camp Carnival being on Dec 5 instead of a higher deck?

Don't use CC, but getting to the Circle C club (and the arcade) requires expert level in spatial dynamics.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have more later.

Don't get me wrong though, it was a great cruise - staff, food, ships condition, itinerary are all excellent.

This Legend thread has amazing info but I am having a difficult time getting through it all so these questions might be repeats.

Does somebody have a copy of the recent Capers?

What did you think of the layout (as opposed to Conquest class ships)?

Is there a big screen on the Lido deck?

How were the buffet lineups?

How did you like Camp Carnival being on Dec 5 instead of a higher deck?

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have more later.

Here is a link I found recently for the Carnival Capers onboard the Legend...

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562665841YRcvem

and here's another link I found for Menu samples:

http://unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Category:Menus

Kim you are already a wealth of Legend info. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to your review after your cruise.

Didn't read them all but they look the same as the set I kept from the Legend when we left on March 2! If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask away!

Kim you are already a wealth of Legend info. Thanks! I'm really looking forward to your review after your cruise.

poptart...

Thanks for the kind words...I am always on the boards and pick up useful tips, links and info along the way. Cruise Critic members are a great bunch aren't they?! I can't count how many times I've been helped out by other members, and I really enjoy returning the favor whenever I can. It's a wonderful way to meet new people with the same experiences and interests too!

We aren't sailing for another 2 (l-o-n-g) months, but I will definately post my review as soon as we return!

Kim I have 7 1/2 long months!!! But I enjoy the wait and the planning and the researching.

Yep CC is the best. I've learned so much on here and all my real life friends think I'm a cruise expert :D :eek: If they only knew.

I really looking forward to the Legend. It sounds like a super nice ship.

Was glad to read in another thread today that the Legend has the new style chairs on the balconies. :D that makes me happy, those fake wooden chairs were not comfortable.

Kim I have 7 1/2 long months!!! But I enjoy the wait and the planning and the researching.

Yep CC is the best. I've learned so much on here and all my real life friends think I'm a cruise expert :D :eek: If they only knew.

I really looking forward to the Legend. It sounds like a super nice ship.

Was glad to read in another thread today that the Legend has the new style chairs on the balconies. :D that makes me happy, those fake wooden chairs were not comfortable.

poptart~

My family is starting to consider seeking help for my OCD with these boards! I can't wait to get on them in the morning, and it's the last thing I do before going to bed! lol

Have they finally replaced ALL of the old style chairs? (I had also read that they were upgrading the chairs, but only so many at a time.) I have seen pics of the new chairs - and they look so much better...can't wait to try them out!

Does anyone else know if all of the chairs have been replaced yet?

Thanks for your help. Just curious are the balconys covered on this ship? I was on the Crown Princess last year and the balcony was open so all the folks above us could seen onto our balcony, that would not be so great as this trip will be a second honeymoon of sorts for the hubby and me

poptart~

My family is starting to consider seeking help for my OCD with these boards! I can't wait to get on them in the morning, and it's the last thing I do before going to bed! lol

Have they finally replaced ALL of the old style chairs? (I had also read that they were upgrading the chairs, but only so many at a time.) I have seen pics of the new chairs - and they look so much better...can't wait to try them out!

Does anyone else know if all of the chairs have been replaced yet?

Kim,

I read somewhere here that the Legend has all new chairs on the balcony....

Thanks for your help. Just curious are the balconys covered on this ship? I was on the Crown Princess last year and the balcony was open so all the folks above us could seen onto our balcony, that would not be so great as this trip will be a second honeymoon of sorts for the hubby and me

The balconies are covered...they go straight up and down, not at an angle, except for maybe those that are at the aft and face out away from the back of the ship.

So they are pretty private. But if someone leans over the balcony next to you, they can see you, and there are thin slits in between the wall of the ship and the partitions.....not sure just how much honeymooning you are planning to do on the balcony!;) :)

As far as I know all the chairs are new, also, and they are quite comfortable!

Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did (and will next year!):D

tharpy48~

If you have an AFT cabin, then it may be possible to see the balcony below. From what I have read, these cabins over-lap each other slightly. If you don't hang over the balcony - you can't see very much below you........but if you DO hang over the balcony - you might get lucky and be treated to a live version of "The Honeymooners"! lol

Thank you to everyone that has replied about the new chairs!

Kim,

I read somewhere here that the Legend has all new chairs on the balcony....

That is true. We had two aft cabins, one a suite on the corner, 8273 and the one next to it, 8275. We had the balcony divider removed between cabins on the first day to make a extra large balcony that took up almost half of the back of the ship. With 8273, you also get two chaise lounge chairs (great for sunning and lounging) as well as a number of regular chairs. 8275 you just got two chairs. Kind of upright and not good for sunning and relaxing.

To a previous post...With the aft cabins, you can't really see anything on the balcony below. Only if the person is right up against the railing, can you see them.

Can't wait to read your review!! Please post some pics too if you can...especially of your cabin & balcony (as I have a member of my Roll Call with this same cabin)!!

On post #52 of this thread is a link to pictures of the exact same type cabin on the Pride. Here's the link...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/53166686PanIFm

I used these pictures to get excited about our cabin before we sailed. The balcony is very,very nice. Those white plastic chairs you see have been replaced by much nicer blue ones on the Legend.

Does the legend have a grill?

Yes, they do....and DH said the food was very good. I believe it may be between the front pool and the main pool midship....the deli was excellent, too...great sandwiches and you can get them grilled!

Somehow the salad I am eating is not hitting the spot right now...LOL!;)

Ok I don;t have a question at the monet. Just sitting here looking out my Window at the rain, something we really didn't need right now. The Mid-West is flooded as you all know. But seeing all that Water I can't help but think of my Up coming cruise on the Legend.

Reading this thread only makes me wish it was closer to time for me to sail. So for now anyway. I have to be content to live throught the Storys that all you have gone befor me post.

So thak you to everyone for being so helpful in answer all the quieston that have been asked no matter how small.

Ok I don;t have a question at the monet. Just sitting here looking out my Window at the rain, something we really didn't need right now. The Mid-West is flooded as you all know. But seeing all that Water I can't help but think of my Up coming cruise on the Legend.

Reading this thread only makes me wish it was closer to time for me to sail. So for now anyway. I have to be content to live throught the Storys that all you have gone befor me post.

So thak you to everyone for being so helpful in answer all the quieston that have been asked no matter how small.

You're more than welcome! We're not cruising til November either:(

But here is a link to a thread that I have found to be very enjoyable if you like funny stuff....it entertained me alot while waiting for our Legend cruise last year! Enjoy!:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106893

You're more than welcome! We're not cruising til November either:(

But here is a link to a thread that I have found to be very enjoyable if you like funny stuff....it entertained me alot while waiting for our Legend cruise last year! Enjoy!:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=106893

Thanks for the link. I love to have a laugh.Now if I could just learn to type and spell

Hi,

We booked guarantee...not a problem. we actually got upgraded to one floor above...still no problem.

i didn't want to be near the elevators or stairs.

Problem...of course, that's right near where we are. i was wondering if anyone had any experience with rooms close to the elevator and stairs.

it is a balcony room, #5195. we're near the area marked atrium.

any help is appreciated. i am probably going to call and find out if we can move down the hall a bit....if not,

no problem ;-). after all, how BAD could it BE?? lol

Thanks!

Hi,

We booked guarantee...not a problem. we actually got upgraded to one floor above...still no problem.

i didn't want to be near the elevators or stairs.

Problem...of course, that's right near where we are. i was wondering if anyone had any experience with rooms close to the elevator and stairs.

it is a balcony room, #5195. we're near the area marked atrium.

any help is appreciated. i am probably going to call and find out if we can move down the hall a bit....if not,

no problem ;-). after all, how BAD could it BE?? lol

Thanks!

We were in 8247 which is only a couple rooms from the stairs and I had no problem (except when the college kids in the next room were a little "overzealous" when they were rough housing). I thought they were coming through the wall a couple times!

We were in 8247 which is only a couple rooms from the stairs and I had no problem (except when the college kids in the next room were a little "overzealous" when they were rough housing). I thought they were coming through the wall a couple times!

Oh, to be young again. So we could kick their noisy butts. ;)