Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Was it noisy on the Panorma deck? Room 8238

We were in 8169 which is closer to being under the main pool area, and we rarely heard anything. The only time I remember hearing anything is if we were on the balcony...occasionally you could hear chairs moving. But nothing really noticeable and not in the cabin. Where you are is more toward the aft and that should be even more quiet. If you are under the aft ice cream area, that is under the adult pool/bar area and that was extremely quiet at nite. Hardly anybody ever goes back there at nite (which is why it became our favorite spot!). And they had all the lounges put away early in the evening. Not sure what time they set them up in the morning, but the staff was always very repsectful, so I'm sure they try to be on the quiet side.

I wouldn't change your room...it was great being on that deck, and we loved the close proximity to the pool and the Unicorn Cafe.

You should love the cruise! Ship and staff and ports were all awesome!!! Enjoy!!!

Arrrgghhh! Sorry if this question has been asked before...but the Search is still down!!

Is it okay to take a small cooler/backpack combo with you off the ship when you are visiting a port? The kind I am talking about has a small cooler on the bottom, large enough for 6-8 drinks maybe - and the backpack portion (on top) has room for 2 towels and lotions, snacks, etc.

Friday was formal night too!

And I agree 1000% with you about being back on the Legend!

We'd heard that as well. We've decided to book the supper club for my husband and myself. The boys will be on their own for dinner for one night! :D

Has anyone done a golf excursion from Legend? My BIL is a golfer & 1st time cruiser in July & doesn't want to golf alone, but I think he would really enjoy it. Any info?

thanks

I have a friend That will be onborad in November That has been wanting to know the same thing.

How the Pizza?

Quick question if anyone know about the noise level from the pools on the Panorama deck? We are in 8270 and some friends of ours are in 8260. Is the noise bad? I don't plan on spending much time in my cabin anyway.

We recently sailed and had room 8273 (wrap-around aft/starboard) It was GREAT! I was worried about noise from above on the Lido deck and also about soot..which were comments that I read prior to our trip.

We had almost no soot...just one morning, and it really wasn't anything much to speak of. Virtually no noise from above...either from the pools or from people moving furniture. Our noise problem was from the people in the cabin next to ours, who kept scraping their deck furniture at all hours. I don't think they ever picked up a chair all week! Just.....drag and scrape!

We also happened to sit with the family who occupied the other wrap-around suite on the port side...they also had no complaints about noise or soot.

I honestly don't think I could ever sail again without having the same type of room. The space was fantastic..especially on the deck!! We were all spoiled

Since this is the everything Legend thread I thought I'd post this here also. It is a copy and pasted email from my pvc today.

Hello Debbie,

You are right there has been a change on the Legend. Its in the trial stages right now on the Legend before it goes fleet wide. Below is the info I have gotten on it so far.... Let me know if you want me to put you in as open seating. Have a great day!! :)

Chrissy

Beginning with the June 29th, 2008, sailing of the CARNIVAL LEGEND, we will add a new dining option to enhance our already popular Total Choice Dining. As you know, on the Carnival Legend we currently offer our Classic Reserved Dining program: the Main Sitting (1), Second Sitting (3), our Casual Bistro Dining in the Lido restaurant, and the Supper Club.

We will add an Open Sitting dinner option (U) in the main restaurant. Guests selecting the Open Sitting dinner option will have the opportunity to dine in the main restaurant anytime between 5:30PM and 9:30PM. They will be able to pre-reserve their dining time by contacting a special number from their suite or stateroom. Alternatively, they will also be able to walk up to the dining room during those times and request to be seated.

Guests who pre-reserve our Classic Reserved Dining (CRD) options (Main & Second sitting) will not be able to reserve Open Seating times.

We recently sailed and had room 8273 (wrap-around aft/starboard) It was GREAT! I was worried about noise from above on the Lido deck and also about soot..which were comments that I read prior to our trip.

We had almost no soot...just one morning, and it really wasn't anything much to speak of. Virtually no noise from above...either from the pools or from people moving furniture. Our noise problem was from the people in the cabin next to ours, who kept scraping their deck furniture at all hours. I don't think they ever picked up a chair all week! Just.....drag and scrape!

We also happened to sit with the family who occupied the other wrap-around suite on the port side...they also had no complaints about noise or soot.

I honestly don't think I could ever sail again without having the same type of room. The space was fantastic..especially on the deck!! We were all spoiled

Soot? As in like soot from a fireplace?:confused:

Soot? As in like soot from a fireplace?:confused:

From the funnels (engine exhaust), also can come from incenerators if they burn trash and other solid waste, not sure if CCL does this or not.

I know a lot of the new ships, like QM2, are "green" and do not use incenerators, but I'm betting that a lot of the older ships do.

Since this is the everything Legend thread I thought I'd post this here also. It is a copy and pasted email from my pvc today.

Hello Debbie,

You are right there has been a change on the Legend. Its in the trial stages right now on the Legend before it goes fleet wide. Below is the info I have gotten on it so far.... Let me know if you want me to put you in as open seating. Have a great day!! :)

Chrissy

Beginning with the June 29th, 2008, sailing of the CARNIVAL LEGEND, we will add a new dining option to enhance our already popular Total Choice Dining. As you know, on the Carnival Legend we currently offer our Classic Reserved Dining program: the Main Sitting (1), Second Sitting (3), our Casual Bistro Dining in the Lido restaurant, and the Supper Club.

We will add an Open Sitting dinner option (U) in the main restaurant. Guests selecting the Open Sitting dinner option will have the opportunity to dine in the main restaurant anytime between 5:30PM and 9:30PM. They will be able to pre-reserve their dining time by contacting a special number from their suite or stateroom. Alternatively, they will also be able to walk up to the dining room during those times and request to be seated.

Guests who pre-reserve our Classic Reserved Dining (CRD) options (Main & Second sitting) will not be able to reserve Open Seating times.

Wow Poptart. That is big news. So, we will be experiencing the new dress code AND new dining options on the Legend in July. It will be interesting to see how the early summer Legend cruisers do with these changes.

Hey,

My wife and I are going on the Legend on 5/11/08 and can't wait! We have been looking forward to this for the longest. I hope you guys have as good a cruise as we plan on having...we will let everyone know how it goes!! Later..

jc

Wow Poptart. That is big news. So, we will be experiencing the new dress code AND new dining options on the Legend in July. It will be interesting to see how the early summer Legend cruisers do with these changes.

Franny,

I'll be watching for your review so see how you like it.

My dh almost jumped for joy when I told him he could wear shorts to dinner 5 out of 7 nights.

We're gonna wait for some reviews before we decide whether to sign up for anytime dining. We've leaving it traditional for the time being.

Waiting for some reviews--like yours :D

Happy Sails

Wondering....

Did your sign and sail card double as a room key? Or was that separate? We are switching keys w. our sons, and was wondering how this was going to work! On a previous carnival cruise (holiday, older ship) we had a separate key card...

thanks!