Ecstasy or Fantasy

Hello

I just thought I would put in my 2 cents. We have been on Ecstasy and Conquest and are fixin to be back on Ecstasy on 5/19. While both are great ships, Conquest is so much larger. This is nice, but with kids I preferred the smaller ship. We took our boys 9 & 10 on a smaller ship (Celebration in 2003) and it was great. The kids were old enough to check themselves in and out of Camp Carnival and being on a smaller ship we could always find them.....easily. Cruising is hands down the best vacation the kids ever had. They talk about it all the time and can not wait to go again. They loved Camp Carnival (even though we had to force them to try it). They met so many new friends and had so much fun with all the activities.

Although the Ecstasy has been refurbed, she still has the wild decor, but it is fun....IMO! I did not mind at all and to be honest, I don't spend a huge amount of time looking at walls, floors, colors. I want it to be clean and in good repair. She is that. And...there are new flatscreens tv's in all the rooms.:)

When we sailed Conquest the boys were not with us and I kept saying I was glad....it was too big and we would never find them.

They are older now and I still feel the same way. I like to know where they are and be able to locate them when I want them. We are taking them on another cruise soon and it probably still won't be Conquest.

With that said, I did love the Conquest and it probably is more bang for your buck. You just have to make a decision based on your situation and comfort level.

I'm not sure why your TA would discourage Galveston. It is one of the easiest ports we have been to. It is an easy drive, parking is a breeze; there is not much to complain about. I agree that your TA probably just wanted you to book the larger cruise for a larger commission.

Hope this helps and good luck.

It helps a lot, thank you so much. I'm pretty much sold on the Ecstasy, I think the Conquest would just be too big for us. I have been on two 7 day cruises and by the 6th day I'm ready to be home.

Now I need to get workin on those darn passports!!

op- I have only cruised Ectasy, not Fantasy, but..... I love Ectasy. The decor did not bother me at all. Yes, it is loud but... I could care a less about that. I just want fun. Both ships are pretty much the same. Same activities and amenities. (to my knowledge) I will be cruising Fantasy in August, not that I did not like Ectasy, just wanted something new. As far as the Galveston port. What is there not to like. It was sooo convenient. However, we drove. I am hoping my experience in NO is just as pleasant. Happy Cruising.:)

We too are from Oklahoma and when we booked the Ectasy, did so because DH vacation was already set. We didn't want to spend $$ on airline so knew we wanted to leave out of Galveston. We'd been there several times for other vacations and wanted to go back. For our time period, Ectasy was our choice.

I think there will be plenty of activities for your kids. And they might enjoy the glitzy Vegas style.

From reading these boards, I have noticed that some people will love and some people will hate almost every ship in all the cruise lines put together. Most of the time, it is a matter of personal taste. Through many years of travel, I have found that your vacation will be what you make of it. If parking or embarkation has a few snags, take a deep breath and blow it off. Board with a great attitude and make it the best vacation you have ever had. Relax and enjoy yourself. Have FUN!!!!

Archived