Last Minute Glory Tips? Disembark info

Hi all...

had a great time at Marriott Courtyard in Cocoa Beach....short path to the beach, nice pool, jacuzzi, great staff, great dinner nice place

Glad I did stay overnight as the "short" drive down here was complicated by heavy smoke from the fires in Georgia, lots of traffic, delays, an accident and heavy road construction.....

the advice to "stay over" is really good IMHO (an exception would be my hometown of Fort Lauderdale , or anyone else who lives right in a port city.....a 2 hour drive however can be a LOT longer and we were glad we stayed over)

Looking forward to boarding we are on first shuttle over from the hotel, it leaves at 11......

only thing I am STILL not sure of is how to disembark?? I will ask here.....we are parking 2 cars for week and taking shuttle....I really hated the self disembark on Imgaination.....so is it more "together" on Glory or???

My excursions are pretty well set....really looking forward to ruins and lunch at the Smuggler Run Plantation in Belize....but still a bit up in the air about Costa Maya......any recent reviews of Tequila beach??

I do have reservation/deposit there but no recent reviews after some bad ones (over sping break however)

again....thanks to all the info and help on the boards and thanks if anyone can answer this before I get on board (whoo whooo)

We did the self assist on our Glory cruise last Feb. and it was super easy. We were off the ship and in the car on our way home at 8 am. (We parked at the terminal). All self assist meet in the lounge which gets rather crowded. They try to keep the aisles open so you have to drag your suitcases into the seating row with you which could be difficult depending on what kind of luggage you have; however, once they let us go it was a piece of cake after that. Would definitely do it again. BTW, we did self assist on the Conquest last year and we were on our way home at 7 am. Have a wonderful cruise!!! TG23

We did the self assist and was in our car(parked in the garage) and on our way home(North of Orlando) by 9:45. When we walked off the boat and was in the terminal they told us we could not go on the escalaters(spelling??) because we had our luggage(on wheels) and showed us the elevaters to use. That was great!!! There was no one else there, we were the only ones on the elevaters. Went down to the main floor of the terminal and walked right out, across the street and to our car. I thought it was a very easy disembark experience!! Good luck and have a great:D cruise!!!

Archived