Help with shoes for this dress...

I bought a dress from HSN.com, #202-559, in aqua (more turquoise) and now have a shoe problem. I thought metalic silver but have a tough size to find shoes for: 11 Narrow. I have tried: Nordstrom.com, designershoes.com, zappos.com, Cowards.com and MarylandSquare.com. I really need a mid-heel height, like no higher than 2 1/2" and would prefer a more closed in shoe, but might be able to go with a strappy style. I'm 51, 5'9" and weigh 145 lbs., with pale skin. Would a more open black patent work? What about an evening bag? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Malinda/micropooz

Here is a pic of her dress (very cute!)

202559_474?$pd300$

Following your perameters, I like this shoe, in silver for this dress, although any color metalic would work.

_5193501.jpghttp://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2898915/0~2376778~2372808~6009205?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6009205&P=5

I think I would add inserts to take up some of the space in the shoe, such as these: http://www.insolia.com/ , it has a straps that could probably be tightened or taken in by a shoe repair shop.

I know what it's like to find an odd sized shoe, I wear a 10 wide and those are hard to come by as well.

Good luck to you!

I think I would add inserts to take up some of the space in the shoe, such as these: http://www.insolia.com/ , it has a straps that could probably be tightened or taken in by a shoe repair shop.

I know what it's like to find an odd sized shoe, I wear a 10 wide and those are hard to come by as well.

Good luck to you!

These inserts look interesting. Have you tried them? Can you wear a higher heel with them? The info on their page says that the inserts make it feel like you're wearing a lower heel.

These inserts look interesting. Have you tried them? Can you wear a higher heel with them? The info on their page says that the inserts make it feel like you're wearing a lower heel.

I should buy stock in their company, I have them in every pair of heels that I own. I have a rather high arch (to make it just that much easier to fit a big, wide foot :rolleyes: ), so they give shoes an extra bit of arch support.

I know you said you checked nordstrom.com. I just did a search of size 11N special occasion and a few came up:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/SR?CatID=6000009%7cWomen%27s+Shoes&ShoeSearch=true&CatID2=6000065%7cSpecial+Occasion&size=11&sizename=11&width=2A&widthname=2A%2c+AA%2c+N%2c+Narrow&origquery=catid%2ccatid2%2csize%2cwidth&searchorigin=AdvancedSearch&findertype=8

Stuart Weitzman is in their trunk show mode, so you can pre-select (and purchase) shoes in your exact size and width. If you are near a SW store, call them and ask about ordering. It takes about six months for the orders to be fulfilled, but its the best way of getting shoes in your size.

Even if you don't live near a store, they will work with you on the phone and could probably fax you a photo of the shoes that you would want.

I'm a quad A so these trunk shows have saved my fashion life!:)

Also, they will be starting their spring sale at the end of May. Extraordinary savings on very pricey shoes. By the end of the sale, everything will be marked at $75 or so.

stuartweitzman.com

I do not work for Stuart Weitzman, but am a loyal customer. Check them out.

--Judy

Archived