Carnival Liberty/Port Everglades questions

xan51090

We just got back from our first cruise on the Fantasy and are completely hooked!! As a result, we are now planning another one. I'm sure this comes as no surpise to most of you but we weren't sure we'd do it again. Wrong!! We can't wait. We've been pouring over the Carnival website and think we might like the Liberty and her Western Carribean itinerary. Any info on the ship, ports (Key West, Grand Cayman or Ocho Rios), and hotels to stay in around Port Everglades would be appreciated. These boards have been so helpful in getting us prepared for or Fantasy cruise. We even knew things seasoned cruisers at our table didn't (ie: ordering liquor from the Bon Voyage department) thanks to all of you!:D

We loved our Liberty cruise. I would go on her again in a heartbeat. We stayed pre-cruise at the La Quinta Inn & Suites. They have a nice pool and free airport (and cruise port) shuttle. Even though they have the free cruise port shuttle, we opted for a cab.

We are going on the Liberty June 17th and can hardly wait. We have cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale several times and always stay at the Marriott Renniassance. We are fortunate to get a military discount but they do have AAA and Senior also. It is a great place to sty and very reasonable if you have a discount. Glad to hear that you have joined the crowd of "hooked" cruisers! Welcome Aboard!

we our goin on liberty the week folloing gamm.

I suggest staying in Palm Beach County, Mostly Wellington. Where the brand new Hampton Inn And Suites is right infront of a Very large shopping mall, and some great stores outside like barnes and noble, and starbucks. Wellington is a beautiful city, and if you are in palm beach a few days before your cruise, i suggest seeing Palm Beach. The island. Very rich homes. Very very Beautiful. Donald trumph has a house here.

We have never left out of Ft Lauderdale, but since we live in wellington we have left out of Canaveral, and Miami.

This is our 6th cruise. 3rd carnival

Archived