Lei upon arrival?

MandyGirl

Has anyone requested (or previously received) a lei greeting upon arrival in Hawaii?

I am considering the one with our airline ($16.25 - no pics):

https://www.hawaiitoursales.com/halmg.aspx

"Hawaii Lei Greeting" from Hawaiian Airlines (last leg of our trip). Would not be doing the included breakfast the following morning.

or

Somewhere that was recommended on another board ($20):

http://www.aliileis.com/Store/airport_greet.aspx

It is the first time in Hawaii for me (hubby went 10 years ago) so I think this is one of those "must do's". Hubby says no, but I am vetoing. :) Any feedback?

We returned about 2 weeks ago. We flew into Honolulu airport and did a lei greeting with leigreeting.com. I believe they are a little more expensive than what you are looking at, but I was able to get a man's lei for my husband that he liked. We then used these lei's at a vow renewal ceremony that we had done. The company was great they were waiting for us even though we had our first flight canceled and the second one arrived 3 hours later. We were only able to leave them a voicemail with this info because it was the middle of the night Hawaii time when it happened, but we were very pleased with their product and service. Whatever you decide I hope that you have a great time!

We returned about 2 weeks ago. We flew into Honolulu airport and did a lei greeting with leigreeting.com. I believe they are a little more expensive than what you are looking at, but I was able to get a man's lei for my husband that he liked. We then used these lei's at a vow renewal ceremony that we had done. The company was great they were waiting for us even though we had our first flight canceled and the second one arrived 3 hours later. We were only able to leave them a voicemail with this info because it was the middle of the night Hawaii time when it happened, but we were very pleased with their product and service. Whatever you decide I hope that you have a great time!

We have not been yet ( going in 5 weeks) and we are booked with leigreeting.com as well.

Am very happy to know that you were pleased with the service from them.

Hi,

I grew up watching all of those old movies where people got a lei greeting when they got to Hawaii. For years I dreamed of going, and I'm sure that if we hadn't gotten a lei greeting when we arrived I would have been disappointed. (Maybe I'm silly, but that's the way I would feel.) After your first time, you can get a much bigger selection much cheaper in Chinatown. One of our friends who has been to Hawaii many times suggested something nice: bring your leis to Pearl Harbor. When you get to the memorial, you can go to one of the employees there, and they can arrange to place the lei in the "shrine room". Much nicer than leaving it in the hotel room for the maid to throw out when you leave. Whatever you do, have a great trip!

Archived