Maui- Lahaina

Gabrielle R.

I am hoping htat somebody out there can help me out a bit. We will be going to Maui in June, and our ship will tender us to Lahaina. Does anyone know if we can find tours at the port, or do you recommend a tour company that you had good luck with? What do I like and my DH? I'm into snorkel, my husband likes beaches. Beautiful sights are great too! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Gabrielle

If you have a back problem, avoid the Sugar Cane Train. DW was almost in tears from pain and upset with me for suggesting that tour. There is no sugar cane to be seen, mostly golf courses and upscale homes.

For water trips (snorkeling, etc), I highly recommend Pacific Whale Foundation. They've always provided a quality experience. Their office is in the square where the banyon tree is. If you have a particular thing you want to do, I'd recommend that you pre-arrange it. However, be sure that you can get a refund if you don't make port. We didn't make port at Lahaina in February. Thank goodness that we've been there several times or I would have been even more disappointed than I was. Made me decide to fly to Hawaii next Feb. I want to return to Lahaina. It is one of my top 5 favorite places on Earth!!!

Enjoy!

Archived