Atlantis wristbands...

edan

I am still not clear on these wristbands at Atlantis.

We have reserved a room at Atl. for the day. We will be in port off the DIs. Wonder for the day and my DH and I have been to Nassau numerous times. We made res. for 2 adults and 1 child, rate is 435 or so. We actually have 4 kids to get the bands for, ages 15,13,11, and 6.

We have stayed at Atl. before , just my DH and myself. We were never asked about wristbands, never asked for id when we were at the pool or slides and we stayed a week. SO I am wondering how strict is the wristband thing and if we get there, will they just charge us for 3 more wristbands for the other 3 kids and my DH and I can just show our room key as proof of our stay there or what? Or should we redo our reservation for 4 ppl and just use the 4 wristband for all the kids and my DH and I use the room key?

I am just wondering what to expect when we get there because what I am reading is nothing like what my DH and I experienced when we had our stay there in 2005.

THanks,

Carla

I've only booked a room at Comfort Suites but from what I understand only 4 people max are allowed in the rooms even at Atlantis so that's all you'll receive wristbands for, with 6 people I think you're going to have a problem unless you book a second room (I don't think the room keys will work for the two extra people otherwise guests would be doing this all the time). Hopefully Scubagirl or someone else here can confirm this, good luck!!

I am still not clear on these wristbands at Atlantis.

We have reserved a room at Atl. for the day. We will be in port off the DIs. Wonder for the day and my DH and I have been to Nassau numerous times. We made res. for 2 adults and 1 child, rate is 435 or so. We actually have 4 kids to get the bands for, ages 15,13,11, and 6.

We have stayed at Atl. before , just my DH and myself. We were never asked about wristbands, never asked for id when we were at the pool or slides and we stayed a week. SO I am wondering how strict is the wristband thing and if we get there, will they just charge us for 3 more wristbands for the other 3 kids and my DH and I can just show our room key as proof of our stay there or what? Or should we redo our reservation for 4 ppl and just use the 4 wristband for all the kids and my DH and I use the room key?

I am just wondering what to expect when we get there because what I am reading is nothing like what my DH and I experienced when we had our stay there in 2005.

THanks,

Carla

You will only be allowed 4 wristband (and pay for the 4th person in the room). When available. (and only when they are not at capacity), you may be able to purchase day passes for the other 2 kids.. at $75pp. ($105 for adults).

You can't use your room key for the pools or slides. You need a wristband. And they certainly won't let the kids have wristbands without a parent or two. This is computerized, so you won't get more bands than stated on your card.

This is significantly different than 2 years ago, when all you did was show your card and get bracelets or wander around freely. With the allowance of the cruise passengers into different areas (DIGS, Beach passes Etc) and the openng of the waterpark.. things have changed. Security it tight - all around.

That's a pretty pricey day trip in my book. That's over $600 for a waterpark.

You will only be allowed 4 wristband (and pay for the 4th person in the room). When available. (and only when they are not at capacity), you may be able to purchase day passes for the other 2 kids.. at $75pp. ($105 for adults).

You can't use your room key for the pools or slides. You need a wristband. And they certainly won't let the kids have wristbands without a parent or two. This is computerized, so you won't get more bands than stated on your card.

This is significantly different than 2 years ago, when all you did was show your card and get bracelets or wander around freely. With the allowance of the cruise passengers into different areas (DIGS, Beach passes Etc) and the openng of the waterpark.. things have changed. Security it tight - all around.

That's a pretty pricey day trip in my book. That's over $600 for a waterpark.

It's always pricey with 4 kids, lol. We get used to it and expect it, just like longer waits with a 6 ppl party in a restaurant.

THanks,

Drat! I certainly don't want to pay for another room! Grrr.......

Ok, advice please. What would you do? Cancel the room and just hope for the day passes? I guess that's our only option. Worst case is we don't spend the 500 or 600 $$ for the day (ha ha) and we just eat lunch near the beautiful aquarium in the lobby and then explore the city... doesn't seem like fun for the kiddos, however...

Booking any excursion thru the ship will cost us just as much. Ugh.

: (

Carla

Archived