Low Sodium Diet

ekeberg

Has anyone ever requested a low sodium diet on Celebrity? Were the choices in the dining room still good? I know eating at the buffett will be hard, but what about lunch in the dining room will they still give me a special menu?

Thanks so much! I really hate this diet!!!!!

Lynn

Has anyone ever requested a low sodium diet on Celebrity? Were the choices in the dining room still good? I know eating at the buffet will be hard, but what about lunch in the dining room will they still give me a special menu?

Thanks so much! I really hate this diet!!!!!

Lynn

Hey Lynn :)

There is no special low sodium menu. What happens is that the maitre 'd will bring the next night's menu and you choose what you would like to have. The galley will prepare it without added salt.

They do wonders with soups! My hubby loves soup and it is always loaded with salt, but their chefs manage to make delicious hot soups without added salt! They will also automatically add steamed veggies (think broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash), so if you want something different you can request specific veggies---even mashed potatoes will be prepared for you if you ask.

For breakfast and lunch you are on your own. The best choices are the ones with little preparation. Think fresh fruits, oatmeal, freshly prepared eggs at the omelet station (they cook them any way you like, not just omelette's) cold cereal (check the labels).

For lunch I recommend the buffet. The dining room fare is loaded with salt. You can make all kinds of fresh salads and use the oil and vinegar instead of the prepared dressings. If you want a sandwich have them make a wrap for you--bread is loaded with sodium, but the wraps have a lot less.

They will work with you!

Thanks Char,

I was wondering how they would handle such a request. My doctor has had me on this for about 2 months and it is really hard to go out to dinner.

I like your suggestions about the wraps, but I will sure miss the corned beef hash for breakfast.

Lynn

Thanks Char,

I was wondering how they would handle such a request. My doctor has had me on this for about 2 months and it is really hard to go out to dinner.

I like your suggestions about the wraps, but I will sure miss the corned beef hash for breakfast.

Lynn

Lynn, hubby has been on a low sodium diet for 7 years, since his heart attack. It is a challenge sometimes! We found that a lot of restaurants will prepare basic foods without added salt. You just can't order marinated items or the things with sauces! :(

Archived