NCL Pearl--obstructed view cabin

denizdfaz

Hi. Just received notice that our cabin with an ocean view is obstructed--further investigation, I see that it is 100% obstructed. Now why, after having paid for an ocean view, would I want this room? I would have been happy with a little porthole on the 4th deck, now I have an obstructed view on the 8th deck. I've also read that the lifeboats squeak at night as well. I attempted to call and ask for a change from NCL but they told me that since I booked with a group from a travel agent, that I must call the agent for an explanation, and/or cabin change.

What are the chances that someone out there reading this has been in 8068 on the Pearl and will tell me, oh shut up and keep it, it was wonderful? haha.

Going to Alaska with my 11 year old daughter on 6/17!!!! :confused:

thanks! denise

We had 2 G obstructed on the Pearl for Christmas. The lifeboats did not block the sunlight so that was fine for us. We had the 2 long windows in each room. Never heard any squeaking. I would rather have a G category than a porthole and yes I would book these again to save money.

I think we had 8078 and 8082.

I'm really sorry about you not getting the room you wanted:( It is true that once you book through a TA that the cruiseline will not talk to you directly and that all changes etc. have to go through your TA. I have now learnt not to book through a TA anymore.

I just booked an OV room on the Pearl. From research I figured out that the obstructed view OV rooms are a bit cheaper than the ones un-obstructed. I was actually quite surprised that the lady I talked to at NCL asked me if I wanted an obstructed or un-obstructed view. How nice of her!

Get in touch with your TA and try to get your room changed! (Maybe check out NCL's website and look at the floor plans to see which rooms would be better for you!)

Good luck!

Hi Denise!

What are the chances?

I had 8068 for a two day cruise and it was just fine...two long windows, plenty of light, great midship location, no noise from the boats!

The room has an excellent stup, plenty of storage, closet space, etc.

You'll have a great time!

Archived