cruising with 9mo... and have some ?s

ambrga

:) I can hardly wait- my husband and I are cruising June 8th on the Crown -- our third cruise together but first with our 9mo baby!! If you can help with any advice for any of my questions, please do- I'd appreciate it!!

* will princess have an appropriately sized life vest for my child?

* have rec'd mixed info on whether or not the crib we requested in our suite will be a crib or pack n play-- anyone with recent experience on the Crown that they can share?

* anyone know what our penthouse balcony will be like- covered or not? more spacious than a regular cabin or the same?

* is there a curtain in the suite to partition sitting area and bed? (curious about managing baby's bedtime vs mine!!)

* do I take the peg perego pliko, maclaren techno XR or maclaren quest for ease of moving and storing WHILE ALSO PROVIDING GOOD SUN COVER for baby without having to deal wtih additional sunshade?

Thanks so much for any tips you can offer!:)

Hi,

I can answer a few of your questions...

There is an infant-sized life vest available, make sure you have one in your cabin, if not, the steward will bring the right size.

Request a highchair at your table. Should be there each night. As for the buffet, someone will retrieve one for you.

I only have experience with the Peg Perego Pliko stroller. I like the sturdy wheels for the cobblestone streets in port, as well the full recline so your baby can sleep comfortably, and it doesn't take up too much room when not in use. If you take this stroller, pack an extra lightweight baby blanket (receiving blanket) and some clips to attach it for a better sunshade.

Also please check out the "Family Cruising" section on this site as there is a lot of information for people travelling with babies and kids.

Have a great cruise!

Hi, I am taking my Peg Venezia in order to have the fully recline option especially for daytime naps. Highchair requested at early dinner for us along with crib in room. I hear its a true crib not Pack N Play. Bring lots of Clorox wipes and those plastic table covers for mealtimes at buffet. We are in a PH suite on Riveria deck and hear we will have plenty of room. Bringing a bottle warmer in case I need to heat up milk in the room at night before bed. He just turned one and figure when I get back bottle will be eliminated all together. One battle at a time! Happy sailing!

Archived