Venice - sail in

LibraLass41

Can anyone tell me if there is a best side of ship for a balcony cabin on the sail-in to Venice?

Am about to book a balcony, and thought I read somewhere that a certain side of the ship has the best views? Or doesn't it matter ?:)

Thanks

Sue

Best views are on the Starboard side as you arrive and Port side as you leave - the views as you pass St. Mark's Square and the entrance to the Grand Canal are fantastic!

Thanks,

We arrive in Venice at 8.30am. So i was thinking in case we are not up and dressed in time to go up to the top, watch sail in from our balcony, and sail away up on deck - yes?? Which will be good if there is a sailaway party as well!!:D

You are the 2nd person to tell me that info now - so I think i will book a starboard cabin then!

Thanks

Sue

Sue,

Yes, you're right. Last year we picked up the pilot at about 6.30 and I was on the balcony in dressing gown and cup of tea in hand as we sailed in. Sailaway was great with a special offer on glasses of champagne and Andrea Bocelli music over the speakers. You will ove it!!!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There,

Have only sailed into Venice never out, but it is one of those cruise things that you must do words do not describe seeing a small dot on the horizon that becomes Venice it is a wonder of the world of cruising.

have a great time.

yours Shogun

Thanks,

Its all booked, the cabin area I want - 1st 3 choices were gone - balconies - already for May 08!! . So have my 4th choice starboard side, so will see sail in as we awake, will go up to the main decks as well.

Sailaway on deck too I expect.

Looking forward to it, and yesterday some friends from our last cruise rang and told me they have booked it too, so we are linking our dining tables !

Only 25 days till this years cruise as well - The Med.

Life is sweet:D

Sue

You will love sailing into Venice which is one of the best, I think the best place to sail into, and if it is the middle of a cruise as yours is you get to do it twice. I love the early morning sail in, but the afternoon sail out with the sun setting is great too and lots of smaller boats around. Enjoy it and take lots of pictures.

Archived