NCL's online booking engine is up!

josetann

Well, I'm excited anyways. When I originally booked our room, they had the exact same price as every online TA I could find. When I changed categories and booked a second connecting room, they were suddenly higher and simply said they don't match other's prices, gave me the spill about the TA probably booked a group of rooms (I doubt all the online TAs got together and booked one huge group, they all had the same cabins and prices). Well today NCL's online booking is up, I call and point out the price shown on their site vs what I got. After 5-10 minutes on hold, I got the price shown online, a difference of $178 per room. I really wanted to keep this booking with NCL if they have the same price, would love to get a call from the upsell fairy (not depending on it, we have two connecting category E rooms, we'll be fine).

I have noticed some bugs with their site though, not sure if it's related to all the changes they're making. For some reason if we make a change to one person's info on their site, it changes it for everybody on BOTH reservations. So if you're filling out everyone's info, close that window when done and load it back up, make sure it's what it's supposed to be. No biggie for me, I have to call back tomorrow anyways (to make sure $800 of our deposit on reservation #1 is transferred to #2).

I have noticed some bugs with their site though, not sure if it's related to all the changes they're making. For some reason if we make a change to one person's info on their site, it changes it for everybody on BOTH reservations. So if you're filling out everyone's info, close that window when done and load it back up, make sure it's what it's supposed to be. No biggie for me, I have to call back tomorrow anyways (to make sure $800 of our deposit on reservation #1 is transferred to #2).

May not be a bug - if you booked both cabins it is what they call a linked reservation - I have been thru this. Enter my address and my son's address in Tampa changes. If he changed his mine changed. At this point all mailing will come to one address (docs). Call and have them unlink the reservations and the updates will work fine.

NCL's online booking engine is up!

And so are the prices. My trip in January is up 30 bucks pp for inside staterooms, and almost 100 pp for balconys since I found the trip over a month ago. What's going on, NCL?

I am planning a group trip, and selected this itinerary because it was 999pp double occ for inside staterooms....prices this morning are 1029 pp for the same room.

May not be a bug - if you booked both cabins it is what they call a linked reservation - I have been thru this. Enter my address and my son's address in Tampa changes. If he changed his mine changed. At this point all mailing will come to one address (docs). Call and have them unlink the reservations and the updates will work fine.

Makes sense in a way. But it lets you change addresses for individual people on each reservation. If they unlink, I would guess that the same thing would still happen, just not across reservations. I.e. if I change one person's address on reservation #1, then both people's addresses on reservation #1 are changed. Not that big a deal, all but one of us has the same address, my sister is the odd one out.

I'm just glad I could see their prices on their site, so they would actually give me the correct price.

And so are the prices. My trip in January is up 30 bucks pp for inside staterooms, and almost 100 pp for balconys since I found the trip over a month ago. What's going on, NCL?

I am planning a group trip, and selected this itinerary because it was 999pp double occ for inside staterooms....prices this morning are 1029 pp for the same room.

Expect it to continue to go up :eek: My Feb cruise has gone up $1250 pp for an AF and $1040 for a balcony since July. Book now hold the cabins and watch the fares.

Expect it to continue to go up :eek: My Feb cruise has gone up $1250 pp for an AF and $1040 for a balcony since July. Book now hold the cabins and watch the fares.

I'm glad they got their site working but did they have to make us buy them a new server? :rolleyes:

Actually, when on a CTN last year. Me and a friend were together in a room. When we would go in to do our docs. My info would be there. WHen she went in to do her docs, my info changed to her. It went back and forth til we gave up. This year I booked a cruise and my Latitudes number had my name, her address, phone number, and email. I changed it and would go back later and hers was there again. I actually had to call and have them fix it once and for all.

Good advice....we actually got a group rate that was better than published, so we're good. Managed to snag 9674!

Archived