Pack and play question

Raider07

I know you can request a bed for little ones. Our travel agent had offered to do this for our Carnival cruise. I'm not sure what they provide though. We decided to bring our own since we're driving to the port. I figured this would be better for my daughter as it would be something that she was familiar with and would be comfortable in since we're already going to be in unfamiliar surroundings.

Although I have never been on Carnival, most cruise lines have Pack and Plays. I can vouch for NCL and RCCL. If Carnival says they do, then they will. I recommend using theirs to reduce the stuff you have to lug. You may need to ask your room steward for extra sheets to pad it a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Radiance, and brought our own. Overall I'm glad we did because although we had requested one, our steward said he didn't have the request. Plus I think it gave a touch of familiarity for her, and she slept great! One tip that worked well for us-we brought some large binder clips. We packed 4 receiving blankets, and pinned them to each side. She doesn't stand up in it yet, so once she was down, she couldn't see us. If she could have seen us, I think she would have slept less.

Only problem with bringing your own is the last night- you have to put all the luggage out in the hall by midnight. We had too much to hand-carry it off the ship, so we put it out in the hall and just had her sleep in the bed with us.

Archived