Menus On Freedom

Hi there...I have the compasses of a friend from last August from her Freedom sailing. We're trying to figure out which nights to go to Chops and/or Portofino. The menus may have changed, but assuming they don't change, does anyone remember what's served on the following nights. I don't need you to remember every course in detail, just a theme of food maybe??

Casual First night (no name for it)

Captain's Gala Dinner (1st formal night)

Crown & Anchor Dinner

Surf Dinner

Venetian Feast (is this 2nd formal night?)

Chef's Dinner (they also note Culinary Gala Sensation is featured?). Is this when the chef's come out?

Feast of Nations

This was the order of dinner's last August. If someone just got off Freedom, I'd be curious. However, we sail on 5/27 and they are reversing the route going to Labadee first, Cozumel last, so maybe it will change up. Thanks if anyone knows....Also, we have a couple of younger guys with us who may be "invading" the dining room as Pirates...wouldn't want to miss that...which night? We have main seating. Thanks, Kathleen in San Diego

Since no one responded with info for me, I did a thread search and found the link to the Preisman's menus...very helpful. If anyone knows the other information about what night the chef's come out or when the Pirate parade comes through, that would be great. Thanks.

For the life of me, as many people that are on these boards everyday, I can't believe there aren't more recent menus posted on cruisedailies? I have drooled over the preismans photos for months now.:D

The Preisman's review and photos are what really got us excited about his cruise many many months ago.. I just didn't realize they had the menus too. Very helpful. As for cruisedailies. Very outdated, huh. I'm not only drooling over their photos, all of that food looks pretty good to me right now too. Thanks goodness we've all been dieting for weeks to get ready for our big Freedom cruise! First cruise EVER too!

I can't find any link to the info you were talking about "Preisman's menus". I am curious too about the food they serve on the freedom. We are going there in October. Where do I search for that?

Thanks!

Hi there...I have the compasses of a friend from last August from her Freedom sailing. We're trying to figure out which nights to go to Chops and/or Portofino. The menus may have changed, but assuming they don't change, does anyone remember what's served on the following nights. I don't need you to remember every course in detail, just a theme of food maybe??

Casual First night (no name for it)

Captain's Gala Dinner (1st formal night)

Crown & Anchor Dinner

Surf Dinner

Venetian Feast (is this 2nd formal night?)

Chef's Dinner (they also note Culinary Gala Sensation is featured?). Is this when the chef's come out?

Feast of Nations

This was the order of dinner's last August. If someone just got off Freedom, I'd be curious. However, we sail on 5/27 and they are reversing the route going to Labadee first, Cozumel last, so maybe it will change up. Thanks if anyone knows....Also, we have a couple of younger guys with us who may be "invading" the dining room as Pirates...wouldn't want to miss that...which night? We have main seating. Thanks, Kathleen in San Diego

That is the order that we had. We missed the Crown & Anchor dinner to eat at Portofino, but wished we would've skipped the Surf night. That was our least favorite meal. It looks like the menus that the Preisman's posted are what we had. Let me know if you have other questions!

Do the server's sing "O Solo Mio" or something like that one night? Maybe Venetian? Also when do the chef's all come out clapping. These are all things I've seen on YouTube clips and it looks cute. Or do they do that kind of stuff every night? I've heard that about Surf night?...My husband and kids are all surfers, so that looked cute for us, what didn't you like? Were the fish dishes not good that night? Pirates??? What about those little pirates coming through?..or do they only come through the 2nd seating? I've seen the kids parading through the promenade later in the evening as well in people's pictures. - Kathleen

Do the server's sing "O Solo Mio" or something like that one night? Maybe Venetian? Also when do the chef's all come out clapping. These are all things I've seen on YouTube clips and it looks cute. Or do they do that kind of stuff every night? I've heard that about Surf night?...My husband and kids are all surfers, so that looked cute for us, what didn't you like? Were the fish dishes not good that night? Pirates??? What about those little pirates coming through?..or do they only come through the 2nd seating? I've seen the kids parading through the promenade later in the evening as well in people's pictures. - Kathleen

I remember there were 3 nights that they did singing. They did sing an Italian song on Venetian night. On surf night, the chefs (I think that's who it was) went on the staircaise with surfboards and sang. Kids from Adventure Ocean also came through as pirates (that was cute). We were second seating, so I'm not sure if they did it for first seating or not. On the last night they had all of the chefs and waiters come out and parade around. I think they sang too, but I don't remember.

I just didn't think the entrees were as good on surf night as they were on the other nights. I had the chicken, and it was okay. Not bad, but just not delicious like all of the other meals I ate. DH felt the same way with his. He had the surf and turf, and even our waiter said that the cut of meat wasn't going to be as good as the other types they serve.

A big thanks to all of you for your kind words. Any time that we know we have helped some fellow cruisers...well, that's why we do it.

If you enjoyed our review / pictures of the Freedom, you might want to take a peek at some of the other cruises and land trips that are on the site. Coming up next will be a review of our Venice to Rome cruise. We leave home in just 15 more days! :D You can look for the review to be posted mid to late June.

Kath-B, if this is your first cruise, you might want to take a look at my "General Tips" section on the website. It also includes a packing list as well as things you need to know.

Have fun!

Thanks Kel for the info I was looking for on the singing in the dining room and your opinion of surf/turf night too.

Thanks Mike and Carol Preissman for such a wonderful website. You guys are my idols! What a great life you live! We'll look for your future updates. I wasn't kidding when I said that's what sold us on the cruise. I emailed my brother and SIL to show them your photos and reviews before we booked so they'd know what they were in for....they were AMAZED!! Can't wait 17 days and counting to 1st cruise!! Yippee.

Great job Carol. I'm going to try and print off your tips just jot down what I need. Very helpful! Just starting to go through the clothes to make sure we have everything. Based on your photo on the website of you and Mike, you'll be happy to know us 1st timers are doing it right and hubby and my brother are renting tuxes on board so they'll be appropriately "formal" on that 1st night. The rest of us are kind of staying in the black and white formal theme too. Should be great for photos. thanks again for your inspiration! - Kathleen

Kath-B,

I know that a lot of people don't want to do the "formal bit", and that's their choice. But, to me, formal night is a wonderful experience. I love to people watch on that night, especially the young teenagers. For many of them it's their first time to really dress up, and it's a real transformation. :) For adults, it's a time to step out of our daily lives and into an elegant fantasyland. It's especially nice for first time cruisers, so do the whole bit. Go around and have your picture taken at every one of the backdrops. You don't have to buy them, if you don't want. You're lucky that there are four of you and you can take each others photos, too. Just go, have fun, and enjoy. :D

CAPinBoynton, thank you for the menu information and review of the Freedom. We are booked on the Freedom in Sept 2007. I do have one question, does the menu change as the intinery changes? We are going to Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman then Cozumel. I believe the order is different from the one you went on?

P.S. we also live in South Florida ( West Boca Raton) and are concerned about going in hurricane season. We bought the trip insurance for the first time just in case.

Sorry my mistake, I believe the link was provided by MVPinBoynton.

Doesn't matter. He's my other half, and we write the reviews together. Your menus should be the same as ours, maybe in a different order due to formal night, which depends upon where your sea days are scheduled.

Archived