Carnival Colors?

I was reading a thread about singing and dancing servers and the following thought popped into my head...

The colors thing would be better suited for the kids in camp carnvial...everyone can participate, but have the kids reap the rewards

"Ooh..dad won the hairy chest contest. My team at Camp Carnival is closer to winning a pin"

Wouldn't parents be happy to know that their participation in activities while their kids are having fun doing their activities gets the kids a reward instead of it beng a meaningless conquest for points?

It seems to me it would be easier (more economical) for carnival to reward the kids and maybe get everyone more excited....

this is coming from a person that doesn't have any children...

Just a thought...

I would not go for it.

My kids can have fun doing kids things and i will have fun doing adult things, there is no way i will do all the work so my child can get a prize.

They can participate and win their own prize, it helps teach them that winning is not everything and if they want something, no one is going to do it for them.

I guess as a non-parent, I didn't think of this, I just thought it might be nice to give some meaning to the colors system....

hi there,can you tell me what this colours system is please? we are sailing carnival for the first time in july round the med and would like to know what to expect. thanks

hi there,can you tell me what this colours system is please? we are sailing carnival for the first time in july round the med and would like to know what to expect. thanks

Well, if you are wearining any of the following colors, RED GREEN YELLOW BLUE ORANGE PURPLE MAGENTA BLACK OR WHITE. you get thrown over board =)

nah jk

Its 3 teams, red, white and blue, they will be decided by where and when your dining is. All the activites can give points to the teams, For example. Winners of Honeymoon game get X points for Their team. Winner of Hairy chest contest gets X points for his team.

And the waiters dance and sing at dinner.

At dinner they normally flash the colors on the lights. Its pretty neat.

But yeah i dont think that overboard idea is a bad suggestion?:D

Archived