Which beach to go to?

travgurl

We have been to the beach and excursion from the ship...way too much sea grass and too long a drive to get there. Three weeks ago we went into the village and down the street to Pez Quadro. Great drinks, beach, massage, loungers...the whole works and very inexpensive.

BTW, stop at Cat's Meow and get the coconut shrimp. Excellent.

Ok, I'm bumping this thread because this is the ONLY port that I'm really struggling with what to do!

We currently have reservations at Tequila Beach club and were planning on doing the Parasailing from there. However, I'm hearing VERY mixed reviews about this place and I'm also hearing the same about the Cat's Meow. Therefore, I'm wondering, where can one find a nice relaxing beach with a bar/restaurant so that we can enjoy the day with a drink in hand and food nearby!?? Honestly, I'm willing to pay a little more for friendly staff and good service...and I WILL tip well accordingly to good service. I'm feeling like I'm in a conundrum here...UGH!

DH and I went deep sea fishing for three hours while at Coasta Maya. The boat we chartered is docked at the resort so we were one of the first to arrive. Upon completion of our excursion we were invited to spend the afternoon hanging out at the beach enjoying ourselves. It is a pretty nice beach with loungers as well as tables and umbrellas for shade. The place got pretty busy around 1pm but it was never overcrowded. Since we caught mahi-mahi earlier in the day they graciously cooked it up for us (a real feast) for $5 and so we just stayed there and ate. We had one beer and two sodas and the food and our bill was $9. I thought it was a pretty good deal...

Earlier in the day we walked down the strip and say El Fado, Cat's Meow and the other places. They all seemed nice and fun, but generally they were just chairs pulled right up to the water. (With the exception of El Fado which had some loungers actually in the water). I am sure these places are great as well - we just unfortunately did not have time (nor energy after a hot day fishing) to walk back down the strip.

If you decide to go to Tequila Beach keep an eye out for Rooco (the little gray tiger striped kitten). He is a sweetie and loved being rubbed. I snuck him food whenever I could!

Enjoy your trip!

Archived