Cruising for the 1st time in 3 days

Hi! I'm cruising for the first time in three days.(Just found out about the message board yesterday) It's actually our honeymoon. We're going on RCI, Explorer of the Seas. Any tips? How about the formal nights? We're cruising for 9 nights. Anything would help. Thanks!! :)

Hi! I'm cruising for the first time in three days.(Just found out about the message board yesterday) It's actually our honeymoon. We're going on RCI, Explorer of the Seas. Any tips? How about the formal nights? We're cruising for 9 nights. Anything would help. Thanks!! :)

Check out the roll call for this cruise and introduce yourself. It is a thread full of people who are going on the same cruise (like me and my wife). Also sign up for the meet an mingle. Here is a link to the roll call.

Ken

Yay for you! I have sailed the Explorer before, and will be sailing exactly one month from today on her again. You will have a great time. My recommendations would be try the Royal Caribbean cocktail in the Champage Bar, or any other drink there. This is a great spot for a before or after dinner drink. Go to the Quest and Love & Marriage show. Try Portofino's. Make your reservations as soon as you board. There will be two formal nights. The second will have the lobster tails. You can get more than one. Have a wonderful trip!

Congratulations. You are sure to have a great time. What a wonderful way to enjoy your honeymoon. Some tips:

Be sure to see the ice show!

Try to get to the spa as soon as you can after boarding. They have some great services. As for couples, there is a couples massage as well as the Rasul.

Don't try to see and do everything on board. Relax, enjoy yourselves and be sure to share a sunset on deck, or on your balcony, if you have one. It is an awesome experience.

The most important tip I can give is to remain flexible and open minded. Ports may change due to weather, minor irritations might appear. Just let anything negative roll off your back. It is difficult to have a bad cruise. There are so many options you can enjoy. You will probably be hooked like the rest of us, so this won't be your last cruise.

The Explorer is a great ship with a great crew. You will not be disappointed. Have fun.

Eric

hey beachmom2, are you hot?

What a question Newlyweds are always hot especially on the honeymoon. The next question is to Donsonny are you married or have you ever been married? If not you will figure this out someday. If you are married I think Alzeheimers has set in and you have forgotten :p

Congratulations on your recent Marriage. If you can find a cruise compass for the Explorer that would help you a lot Try looking at this set http://www.cruisedailies.com/portal/tabid/293/Default.aspx This will help you a great deal on planning what you want to do. Have a great time :D

I'm assuming Donsonny is your hubby to be????

Anyway, you're sailing from Bayonne, it will be great, we've gone from there twice, once on the Explorer and will go again in Aug. Enjoy everything, explore all around. You'll be on the first trip of the Explorer to stop in Bermuda, so let us know how it is. I'll watch you leave on Friday night on my way home from work.

Enjoy and congrats!

What a question Newlyweds are always hot especially on the honeymoon. The next question is to Donsonny are you married or have you ever been married? If not you will figure this out someday. If you are married I think Alzeheimers has set in and you have forgotten :p

I know that the rooms are individually controlled but what about the public areas? Should I bring a few jackets? We're ready to pack 6 suitcases a piece! How fancy is to fancy? Oh and donsonny is married to me! ;)

I would bring something w/a little sleeve and also since you're going in May, it may be chilly when you come back at 7am, I usually bring a light sweat outfit for that (even though we go in Aug). Formal? Well some people don't get dressed up at all, but we usually wear suit and tie (for DH) and I wear a fancy black dress that I would wear to a wedding. We usually take a family picture all dressed too, although this year I swear I'm going to take a "Lifestyle" portrait!!! (that's very casual).

I have two hints:

1. Take a bathing suit in your carry on bag so you can go swimming before your luggage is delivered to your room.

2. If you are flying to your destination, pack half your clothes in your husbands suitcase and half of his in yours. That way, if one piece of luggag gets lost, neither of you will be totally without clothes until your bag shows up.

You've picked a great ship to honeymoon on. Congrats and write a review when you get back.

Click on the link in my signature for pictures of the Explorer. It is a wonderful ship and congrats on the marriage.

For the formal nights you really can't be too fancy. You will see a wide range of things with sparkles and spangles down to plain cocktail dresses, wear what you like and feel good in!

6 suitcases????? plan out an outfit for each night and leave the rest at home. Actually the best advice is spread everything out on the bed, now put away half the clothes and double the money and you should be all set. You really need only a few daytime outfits since many days you will be in bathing suits and you can rewear things. Also try to mix and match and much as possible.

BeachMom2,

Congratulations! You will LOVE the Explorer! We were on her last week and left her in great shape for you! In addition to seeing the Love & Marriage game show, is to shamelessly tell everyone that you're on your honeymoon. Start with your roll call. You will be surprised at how many folks (passengers and crew alike) will want to buy you drinks once onboard! :D If you leave the ship with no balance on your shipboard account then report back to us right away and on our next cruise we'll all make sure that we're "on our honeymoons"! :cool:

Seriously, though, cheers! Have a great time on the beautiful Explorer, and congratulations on your marriage!

Archived