Radiance to South America - Late 2008 - Early 2009

this is GREAT news and JUST what I have been looking for! Where did you get the info and are they taking bookings at this time???? I have a group that may be interrested in booking but I can't find any info on line.

Thanks Bill for posting this. We learned of this announcement while on our PC cruise on Radiance April 14.......the Captain announced it at the Repeater's Party.

They only had one itinerary out at that time, but I see they have worked out all the itineraries now................what great news.

Looks like Radiance is going to replace Splendour doing the SA itineraries in 2008/2009.

Thanks Bill for posting this. We learned of this announcement while on our PC cruise on Radiance April 14.......the Captain announced it at the Repeater's Party.

They only had one itinerary out at that time, but I see they have worked out all the itineraries now................what great news.

Looks like Radiance is going to replace Splendour doing the SA itineraries in 2008/2009.

Just butting in (pls forgive me) just wanted to say hi to Jim & Patti...

JO AND GARRY

Thanks for posting this Bill.............

Boy........tempting to say the least......but I can only imagine airfare on those puppies.........but I'm going to check em out......

Thanks again.

Now we can speculate where the Splendour might end up as well:)

Bill I priced airfare when the Splendour started doing those cruises........it was like $1400pp:eek: Would love to do the cruise but airfare might be the killer on this one..........

Bill I priced airfare when the Splendour started doing those cruises........it was like $1400pp:eek: Would love to do the cruise but airfare might be the killer on this one..........

Jim, you won't believe this......well, maybe you will......but our airfare for our b2b on Splendour next March/April....flying into Valparaiso and flying home from Lisbon is $1400/pp. Now, I've done a lot of research online and I can't touch those prices. I'm trying to figure out where the seats on the plane would be............cargo, baggage, on the wings!! And, I'm also trying to figure out routing and what type of aircraft.............remember Piedmont!!!!! I have flights picked out.........but I don't think RCI is going to go for them...........probably hear the screams all the way from Miami!!

Jim, you won't believe this......well, maybe you will......but our airfare for our b2b on Splendour next March/April....flying into Valparaiso and flying home from Lisbon is $1400/pp. Now, I've done a lot of research online and I can't touch those prices. I'm trying to figure out where the seats on the plane would be............cargo, baggage, on the wings!! And, I'm also trying to figure out routing and what type of aircraft.............remember Piedmont!!!!! I have flights picked out.........but I don't think RCI is going to go for them...........probably hear the screams all the way from Miami!!

Oh I believe you 100%...........you know the prices on the cruise if I remember correctly was a pretty good price..........but it has to be.......RC knows what airfare is going to cost to take these cruises out of SA and they have to price them reasonable............was your 1400pp RC air?? I'll bet it was still cheaper than say AA or air on your own........

Still that is 2800 just in airfare:eek:

Oh I believe you 100%...........you know the prices on the cruise if I remember correctly was a pretty good price..........but it has to be.......RC knows what airfare is going to cost to take these cruises out of SA and they have to price them reasonable............was your 1400pp RC air?? I'll bet it was still cheaper than say AA or air on your own........

Still that is 2800 just in airfare:eek:

Yep, that was RCI air. If I book directly with Continental/Delta it would cost us about 8K!:eek: That's the price of a cruise. Booking directly with an airline, they have to give you one way fares, because you are flying out of two different countries.......or so that's what they told me today.

Now we could have saved some money flying COPA.......whoever the heck they are. I guess they are a partner of Continentals and we would leave here at 8:40 in the morning, fly to Houston, Houston to Panama City and then on to Valparaiso getting us in at like 4:00AM. I don't think so!!!

Oh yeah......and that's COACH CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEll run your flights by RC.........if you haven't already......you might be surprised............

Keep your fingers, toes and eyes crossed for me...........I can't do anything until the end of the month because our return flight would be April 20th and those schedules aren't out yet.

Sending good vibes your way....................I'm sure you'll get your flights........and I want a full report..........

Also, as we were told on the ship, there is a good possibility that Spanish speaking staff and crew will replace a good majority of the crew that is currently on Radiance.:( I really hope that doesn't happen, as the current staff and crew are fantastic...........but I do understand their reasoning.

On Splendour it was Spanish and Portuguese staff and crew that were being sent in to replace some of the current staff and crew.

The pricing for these itineraries is now available on the RCCL web site now...

Start booking...:D

BILL

They sure are, and the pricing for a JS is much higher than what we originally paid for our GS on Splendour.........same itinerary.

I have my TA working on a group booking right now! Perhaps the prices will be augmented at a later date, ( coupons, senior rates etc.) they usually are closer to the sailing. RCI is showing air at $1718 for the 2 of us, (out of LAX) not bad at all to my way of thinking. We will see what shakes out, 2009 is a long time away but if you don't book now you don't get the cabin selections! Thanks Bill for the info, it is appreciated.

I am on line now with my travel agent booking a back to back 4/12 Buenos Aires-Valp and 4/26 Valp-San Diego. We have really been looking for an itinerary like this!

Driftychick, we are sailing with you on the Serenade in Sept.

Archived