Towels on pool deck

micmark

Sailing on the Spirit in a few weeks and was wondering if NCL still supplies towels on the pool decks. I thought I recall reading a few reviews that they started issueing towels and will charge if lost (similar to RCCL's policy). I hope not! Did not want to have to pack our own beach towels.

Sailing on the Spirit in a few weeks and was wondering if NCL still supplies towels on the pool decks. I thought I recall reading a few reviews that they started issueing towels and will charge if lost (similar to RCCL's policy). I hope not! Did not want to have to pack our own beach towels.

Pool towels and beach towels are handled differently. You do have to sign out beach towels when you leave the ship, and bring them back with your slip. Otherwise you are charged for them. The towels by the pool are up for grabs with no restrictions, unless something has changed pretty recently. :)

On the Spirit a couple of months ago we had to sign out towels when we were on the pool deck. We received a copy of the receipt (like a ticket) from the attendant at the time we got the towels and then had to hand it in afterward when we returned the towels to the attendant. I'm assuming that cabins whose copy of the receipt were not turned in were probably charged for the towel(s). They were definitely keeping track of exactly who had received a towel. Yes, we did have to show proof of what cabin we were in.

Archived