Drink Inclusive

StefanieMS

Would you like all your drinks included in the price?  

907 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like all your drinks included in the price?

• Domestic Beer and Wine only
    • Imported and domestic Beer and Wine
    • House liquor, plus domestic Beer and Wine
    • Top Shelf liquor, Imported Beer and Wine
    • I want the mother load. Free Cappuccino, Espresso, Top shelf and Imoports

You are exactly right.... because the price of the shows, etc. are already included in the price. The drinks are additional.... I think many people would be happy if they extended the all inclusive pricing they offer for large groups, to individuals... then again, we all have dreams :D

[quote name='livtojump']I believe CCL does offer this but only for groups with a minimum of 50 and it's $50 per day which would be $350 for a 7 day cruise. A bargain IMO. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Okay - at $5.75 a drink I would have to drink 9 drinks a day to make this worth while.?. Hum... I don't think I have 9 alcoholic drinks total on a 7 day cruise. I hope it includes all drinks. They can get the specialty coffee to help them recover from the alcohol.

Since I am one of those people that have had more issues with "drunk adults" than "misbehaving children" I am not pleased that this is offered to groups and I hope it is not the trend. If it they make it available to everyone I hope they lower the price so people do not feel they have to drink more to pay for the package.

Call me dumb, but I don't see how if someone had the choice to add an optional drink package to their cruise why that would affect the price of my cruise? To me it wouldn't be any different than the option to pre-tip, or option to purchase an excursion before the cruise. The drink card we can purchase for our kids doesn't change the cost of the cruise for everyone else does it? I guess what I am saying is, I don't understand the arguments against an all inclusive option when the main argument is that it would raise the cost of everyone's cruise.

I think cruiselines in general are well... stupid when it comes to cutting corners where the average person does not see the logic. As an example, I would say charging for decent coffee and "deluxe" pastries onboard cruiselines that like to play up their vaunted desserts and pastries. They should be putting out their best as a matter of practice and principle all of the time as regular fare! Charging people for soft drinks when soft drinks are by far the cheapest of all of the beverages to provide, pennies per serving. Spending lots of time and money trying to invoke "no bring your own alcohol" policies via everything from money spent on print and people to police the policy, when if they would simply charge reasonable amounts for alcohol, people would be happy not to go through the hassle. But 7-10 bucks a pop is not reasonable.

Stupid policies that seem irrational or unreasonable to the average traveler is what foments a lack of consumer loyalty and the driving desire among many to go to great lengths to improvise their habits to avoid extra costs and in effect beat the cruiselines out of every extra nickel they were hoping for. It seems like all too often some of the braniacs who ran this countries airlines into the ground are now involved with running the cruiselines as well. Just terrific!

[quote name='mcash3']Call me dumb, but I don't see how if someone had the choice to add an optional drink package to their cruise why that would affect the price of my cruise? [/QUOTE]

The trick is: they would either have to offer it as a per-person option as you suggest, or charge everybody on the ship (as some lines already do).

To do it as a per-person they would probably ask $75 a day, which isn't really feasible. My logic is that they are willing to offer this at $50 a day to groups, where they know some people will not drink much and probably that some will be minors who can't drink 'legally'. Therefore, if you offer it in a situation where most takers will be big drinkers, the lost revenue from per-drink sales and so the price would be higher than $50.

Now, we all know that they could offer this for $20 a day and still make a hefty profit. That isn't the point though... the point is that they would have to make a equivalent profit to what they make now for this to be a smart business decision.

So, the only likely option is that they would make the cruise all inclusive and just tack $50 on to the per-day cost of every cruiser.

Mike

For our Conquestadors group, we were told the drink inclusive package was an extra $35 a day per person. There has to be at least 50 in the group and everyone in the group has to do the package so it's an all or nothing thing.

This is nothing special or new. It's always been available to large groups. It's not advertised though, you have to ask for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How about one ship dedicated to all inclusive drinking? Afterall, if I can chose to goto Beaches or Sandals, why not an all inclusive ship? For those who don't like the idea or want freedom of choice, you have 20 other ships to choose from. And you won't have to worry about being stuck at a table with people who are determined to "drink their money's worth".

So now the question is, how much more are you willing to pay. Me and the Mrs can do $100 easy on a sea day. Figuring conservatively 4 beers at pool for me($20) and three mixed drinks in the fancy glasses for my wife ($25). Maybe cocktails for 2 before dinner ($10), drinks for 2 with dinner ($25-$50), and congnac for 2 ($10) to go with a cigar for after dinner. Thats $90-$115, I got a nice buzz at best and night life hasn't even started yet.

Man, how much longer til my next cruise.

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE=cruisin'kat]Okay - at $5.75 a drink I would have to drink 9 drinks a day to make this worth while.?. Hum... I don't think I have 9 alcoholic drinks total on a 7 day cruise. I hope it includes all drinks. They can get the specialty coffee to help them recover from the alcohol.

Since I am one of those people that have had more issues with "drunk adults" than "misbehaving children" I am not pleased that this is offered to groups and I hope it is not the trend. If it they make it available to everyone I hope they lower the price so people do not feel they have to drink more to pay for the package.[/QUOTE]

well kat, when you start partying at 10 am on one day and don't stop until about 3 am the following morning (remember we DO have a designated driver...:D ) 9 drinks is not a lot.

it's easy to have a couple of bloody marys at breakfast, half a dozen foo foo drinks while laying out in the sun, add in a couple of beers and a shot of something before dinner and you're already over 9. and that doesn't even count after dinner drinks while at the disco or karaoke or whatever.

i do wish, however, that carnival would be more aggressive in dealing with the people who have too much to drink and cause problems but i see no reason to punish the "happy" drinkers by doing away with the all inclusive specials.

[url="http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz"]http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz[/url]

[quote name='sgtmonz']it's easy to have a couple of bloody marys at breakfast, half a dozen foo foo drinks while laying out in the sun, add in a couple of beers and a shot of something before dinner and you're already over 9. and that doesn't even count after dinner drinks while at the disco or karaoke or whatever.

[/QUOTE]

Does CCL have a "Bloody Mary Club"?

[quote name='GoinCruisin']They do when we are on it Liv :D And a Mimmie Club too ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL....seriously. The BMs on the CB were $3 until noon (I think) every day...and they were YUMMY :D Mimmies huh....well only if the fiz isn't "french". :(

[quote name='livtojump']LOL....seriously. The BMs on the CB were $3 until noon (I think) every day...and they were YUMMY :D Mimmies huh....well only if the fiz isn't "french". :([/QUOTE]

They have a BM/Mimmie/ScrewD happy hour... on the Sensation it started at 9AM, but on the Miracle it was 10AM (major bummer, ricky and lucy had to start drinking the drinks of the day at 8:30 rather than mimmies, LOL)... they are $2.95 during happy hours... last for a couple of hours. We order them in buckets :D

[quote name='GoinCruisin']They have a BM/Mimmie/ScrewD happy hour... on the Sensation it started at 9AM, but on the Miracle it was 10AM (major bummer, ricky and lucy had to start drinking the drinks of the day at 8:30 rather than mimmies, LOL)... they are $2.95 during happy hours... last for a couple of hours. We order them in buckets :D[/QUOTE]

That's good to know...Need my juice in the a.m. ;)

don't you guys go beatin on my balcony door at 9 am... :mad:... i need my beauty rest... :)

any chance gc that we are going to be able to get a drinks all inclusive on our trip?

[url="http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz"]http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz[/url]

[quote name='sgtmonz']don't you guys go beatin on my balcony door at 9 am... :mad:... i need my beauty rest... :)

any chance gc that we are going to be able to get a drinks all inclusive on our trip?

[url="http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz"]http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz[/url][/QUOTE]

Oh Walt....time to get up :D

No, I think that was shot down :(

oh well... i think we'll be bringing enough with us that if we all share we should have some great "all you care to drink" happy hours on the ENTIRE aft balcony of deck 6!

Walt... you cannot be serious? By 9AM, we have already been through a round or two of BM's, Baileys and Coffee, and working on the BOM's... by 9:30 we are hitting the red headed sluts... you better start practicin' getting up EARLY neighbor:D

[quote name='GoinCruisin']Walt... you cannot be serious? By 9AM, we have already been through a round or two of BM's, Baileys and Coffee, and working on the BOM's... by 9:30 we are hitting the red headed sluts... you better start practicin' getting up EARLY neighbor:D[/QUOTE]

Ya know I'm gonna have to research this red headed slut before the cruise.

[quote name='sgtmonz']yeah live, i plan on researching her in NOLA in 2 days less than 2 months... :D

[url="http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz"]http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz[/url][/QUOTE]

Really.....:D

Archived