Reservation Dropped!

...I would still like to be notified and given the chance to accept the change (which the OP's friend was not.)

RCCL did this without notifying the TA, or the individual who had the stateroom booked. They would have gotten away with it, had the move not been noticed by the TA. If it had not been discovered, the passenger would have discovered this on their own, once onboard. The TA fought for them and was able to at least get them some OBC.

I can tell you from personal experience, that TA's are notified, and typically offered a "gift" for switching. Hence the onboard credit.

You or the travel partner received an offer to switch, accepted it, and now your complaining????

What are you talking about? There was no obviously, specifically (as opposed to the implied consent based on the actual contract) agreed upon switch. The travel agent noticed a change, asked RCCL, and then it was all found out.

Zoiks!

I am also not hearing the "upset" that others are hearing in the OP's post. Just frustration on the behalf of her friends. (her? his? dunno. I always assume "her" on message boards, though :p )

When I booked our cruise, I did the Guarantee thing, hoping for an upgrade. :) Didn't get it, and was given a room VERY early on, I mean, within a week or so from booking. And that room never changed. If it *had* changed, once I got used to the idea of picturing the cruise from that room (and being worried about seasickness at the very front of the ships), I would have been frustrated! So I feel for the OP and mostly her friends.

Even though it's only one door, even if it's only a couch vs sofabed, and even though they got a credit. I understand the frustration.

What are you talking about? There was no obviously, specifically (as opposed to the implied consent based on the actual contract) agreed upon switch. The travel agent noticed a change, asked RCCL, and then it was all found out.

Zoiks!

I am also not hearing the "upset" that others are hearing in the OP's post. Just frustration on the behalf of her friends. (her? his? dunno. I always assume "her" on message boards, though :p )

When I booked our cruise, I did the Guarantee thing, hoping for an upgrade. :) Didn't get it, and was given a room VERY early on, I mean, within a week or so from booking. And that room never changed. If it *had* changed, once I got used to the idea of picturing the cruise from that room (and being worried about seasickness at the very front of the ships), I would have been frustrated! So I feel for the OP and mostly her friends.

Even though it's only one door, even if it's only a couch vs sofabed, and even though they got a credit. I understand the frustration.

Well Dahling... you have more empathy than I. :) No one ever said I was sympathetic.

Not to hijack the thread but I am booked in a D3 cabin. So the only diff between that and D1 or D2 is the number of people it sleeps? I assumed it has something to do with the view. This makes me feel better if correct.

Not to hijack the thread but I am booked in a D3 cabin. So the only diff between that and D1 or D2 is the number of people it sleeps? I assumed it has something to do with the view. This makes me feel better if correct.

Yeah that's a little iffy for me too. Unless something has changed in the way they categorize their cabins in the last few years. On Jewel back in 2004 we had booked category E1 balconies - one slept 2, one slept 3 - both E1's. There were E3's available that were cheaper but when we asked what the difference was we were told that it was because the lifeboats were directly below them and blocked the view of the water straight down, plus they were on a lower deck. Maybe it depends on the class of ship.

Seems there has been some confusion on the whole thread. People just need to read the thread completely before commenting :confused: Iamthesea has it correct and thank you for stating what was already posted :)

It is not my room, it is a family members room, my cousins room to be exact. They got bumped without their knowledge and our TA's knowledge. The TA is a family friend so my guess is she was not lying to us about not being notified.

RC did update their room and gave them their original room back. Seems it was a human error after all and they bumped the "international" passenger that recently booked. So, my cousin got her original room back and RC offered to let them keep the $100 OBC for all the trouble! So, RC did make it right and their story did hold true, in terms of the human.

Oh, and Roadnut, the comment you made about sitting at a dinner table with me was very rude and uncalled for.......You know nothing about myself and my family to make a comment like that:(

Dear RCI:

Just in case you are monitoring this thread, I've booked two cabins right next to each other for a holiday cruise. If you wish to move us - as many times as you wish - and give us some onboard credit for the "trouble," GO AHEAD! You don't even have to tell me about it until I get to the pier! I think you were more than generous to offer the compensation and STILL give it to the passengers even after allowing them to have their original cabin instead of the one they'd been switched to. Bravo, RCI! While it's true that notifying the passengers would have been perhaps the better course of action, you have definitely taken the high road with your subsequent actions.

Dear OP:

I'm sorry that you feel you and/or your cousin were wronged by RCI. Since you used a travel agent to make your reservations, please don't blame RCI for the lack of notification. The travel agent noticed the change and notified you. That's not unusual or out of place. That's why you used the TA! I'm glad things worked out for your group, but I DO feel that you really kind of made a mountain out of a molehill.

Archived